FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: codfishing  (Read 11115 times)

jigstick

codfishing
« on: Apr 05, 2004, 09:20 AM »
Hey Bluefin, how ya fairin? Heard from Captain Tower of the Bunny Clark that the   cod fishing's not to great yet.

loveice

Re: codfishing
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2004, 12:58 PM »
TIM  has only ben out one trip  ::) its early.

bluefinforme

« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2004, 01:06 PM »
A couple weeks!!  Stelwagen is red hot now so it's only a matter of time!!!!

where R U ?

« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2004, 03:37 PM »
I saw that some reports from yesterday, didn't sound to good for the charters out of Salsbury and NH.  They said light action,  7# pool winner :-\ It was their first day out too. 

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2004, 04:29 PM »
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhooooooooooooo  i am pumped anyway!!
Scotty 

bluefinforme

« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2004, 07:45 PM »
start doing your Cod dance Scotty :P

loveice

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2004, 08:23 PM »
HEY lets bring jigstick for the boat ride and show him daveys locker heheheh  ::)

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: Apr 06, 2004, 11:26 AM »
LMAO lovewater you crack me up ...never miss one, i like that! skipper im doin the cod jig shuffle...
Scotty 

Fish Monger

« Reply #8 on: Apr 19, 2004, 03:32 PM »
When are the cod going to get here??? I can't wait to fish out of the Pisq. but I've been told I wont catch anything yet.

bluefinforme

« Reply #9 on: Apr 20, 2004, 03:17 PM »
When are the cod going to get here??? I can't wait to fish out of the Pisq. but I've been told I wont catch anything yet.
the cod are all over Jeffries Ledge......haddock too!

Well boys'........looks like I need a port engine :-[
boat might not be in the water until june....I might just burn the thing ::)

$35,000 is the rough cost for a rebuild......o'well!

I have a 20 foot CC......if the weather's right, I can take up to 4 people out....let me know.....it has to be pretty calm for me to go out in the little boat.....but there should be some nice days ahead! 

ps.  Scot....I slammed the stripers in Mass on Sunday!!  Herring everywhere.....Boston Harbor, Mystic River, and the Amelia Earhart Dam are all loaded with decent fish!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #10 on: Apr 20, 2004, 08:51 PM »
skipper thats great news!!!i cant wait to start catchin stripers again!!!currently shopping for a new reel for my surfcaster and my schoolie sticker!!bring on the linesiders!!!ill go out in your 20' any time gimme a seat whenever you want to give it a try...sorry to hear about Kristins bad news :'(
Scotty 

Dogman

« Reply #11 on: Apr 21, 2004, 08:44 AM »
35,000 $ to rebuild an engine!I'm in the wrong buisness.What is the reason your engine failed? Main bearings,cracked block?We used to rebuild the deisels on the CG utility boats when I was in the Coast guard,but I don't remeber them being that expensive to rebuild.Or maybe I'm just older than I thought! ???Sorry to hear about your boat trouble Blue,and I was wondering,will your 20 footer make it to Jeffries or would you be staying closer?

bluefinforme

« Reply #12 on: Apr 21, 2004, 10:26 AM »
35,000 $ to rebuild an engine!I'm in the wrong buisness.What is the reason your engine failed? Main bearings,cracked block?We used to rebuild the deisels on the CG utility boats when I was in the Coast guard,but I don't remeber them being that expensive to rebuild.Or maybe I'm just older than I thought! ???Sorry to hear about your boat trouble Blue,and I was wondering,will your 20 footer make it to Jeffries or would you be staying closer?
it is the block.......the labor is what kills me......the boat is a 1978...so they have to tear the galley apart to get the engine out........pain in the butt!

I will take my 20 footer "Screamin' Reels", out to Jefferies when it's calm......it only takes about 40 minutes to get out there.......Shark fishing is a blast off it! 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.