MyFishFinder By Species > Salmon
Landlocked Atlantics
(1/1)
CharBum:
What does everyone use for techniques for trolling for these beautys in the spring and fall? Any recomendations?
kkbait:
Tandem streamers that imitate smelt patterns. Also Flash King Wobblers and Mooseluk Wobblers.
Fish Farmer:
I prefer smelt pattern streamers tied as tandem or extra long hooks. I run flyrods with sinktip line or full sink line. I also like running a planer board with a floating shallow diver like a yozuri pins minnow or a rapala. I'll run downriggers with moosluks or needlefish, various colors. Depth with vary, sometimes they will take it five feet down and five feet back, other times back 100 feet. I troll around 2 mph and vary my speed and make lots of turns to get the lures to drop, particulary when I'm flyrodding. I prefer fishing for salmon in a moderate chop, but I've done well on calm evenings when the bugs are out.
jacksmelt:
i troll landlocks in a zigzag patern on the rivers w/ a 7ft. med action rod w/ 10lb test w/ a 2 streamer set up. i usually will run a briter streamer in front w/ a duller colored in the back. when the waters high i pinch a small canoe sinker in front of the swivel to get it down some. i use the same setup on ponds and small lakes.
Hood:
wobbler and worm, they catch anything any everything
Navigation
Message Index

Go to full version