MyFishFinder By Species > Salmon
White meat salmon!
<< < (2/5) > >>
AD:

--- Quote from: Barleydog on Aug 28, 2005, 02:23 PM ---Thought you guys would get a charge out of them....  Funny thing is, they taste pretty much the same.  I was told years ago by Washington F&G that these fish are in fact genetic freaks.   I think you guys are right on the one in a thousand.... ;D

--- End quote ---

Pretty cool pictures, you got my mouth watering too, thats for sure.   
Mackdaddy21:
I have never caught a salmon like that. I'm sure its a genetic defect. Around here, some trout are red orange meated and some are white. To get red orange meat, the trout need a regular diet or either crayfish or freshwater shrimp. The white meated varieties are either freshly stocked or live in high mountain streams where insects are the only forage for them. Baitfish eating trout usually have yellowish meat. I don't keep the trout with white or yellow flesh, only orange. It has an almost bacon like flavor.
PGKris:

--- Quote from: Kodiak Commando on Aug 27, 2005, 08:30 PM ---White fleshed king salmon are the greatest!!!! They have a lot firmer and much sweeter flesh than regular kings.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I agree. What kind of salmon is that? We catch white chinooks all the time in the Cranberry and Nass River systems....not a genetic defect here....  The white ones taste better than the reds for sure
KRIS
bigdave1018:
yo mack how can you tell what color the flesh is? id rather eat a 10 inch panfish anyday then any salmonoid fresh run or not. just my 2 cents.
bigdave1018:
i do eat salmonoids but very rarely. they eat ok but i still would rather eat panfish. i scallop size all my fish b4 frying or baking and do the same with salmon. i cube them but the pannies still taste better but then again maybe its just me,lol.
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version