FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: !!Quabbin Night Pass!!!  (Read 6499 times)

Baitbucket

Re: !!Quabbin Night Pass!!!
« Reply #30 on: Apr 04, 2018, 11:01 AM »
Found this on another Site.. Awesome info:

There's a Quabbin Fishing group on Facebook. Someone who was at the meeting said it went fairly well. Here are some bullet points he mentioned about the meeting.

The meeting went well and much respect to Commissioner Leo Roy for having open dialogue. His opening statement was that they are NOT going to restrict fishing or hunting access to the Quabbin.

As he stated, he wanted to hear from the folks who know better than anyone; those that are on the water daily. I was very happy to hear him say, that WE are the eyes and the best policing the Quabbin can have by being on the water and land.

He let us speak and was open to the idea that if we feel no changes needed to be made, then let it stay as it is. As one board member said "if it's not broke, then don't fix it." Applause followed that statement.

The Commissioner was very open that he was new to his position and wanted to learn and get some understanding/clarity of the verbiage that was in the current regulations in regard to the term "reservation" and "non reservation" land. He wanted to hear from the board members to gain that understanding.

Many thanks to the state legislators who attended and had the best interest of the anglers and hunters at the forefront. One even saying "The only way they'll close Quabbin is over my dead body."

Night fishing access was brought up. Currently that info which was removed from the DCR website, which gave the info/instructions on how to get that access, is going to be put back up for those that want to exercise that right to fish at night. They also wanted to gather some information from the state police to get an idea of how many folks in a season utilize that privilege.

The one day fishing license was also brought up and during the discussion, many board members and those in attendance, stated that they were highly in favor of keeping that, as many had relatives and friends who visit yearly and they take them out on the Quabbin for a day of fishing. Commissioner Roy, after hearing from folks, seemed to have gained an understanding as to why that should stay.

taxid

« Reply #31 on: Apr 04, 2018, 11:26 AM »
Message me when you are in the area, ill get you out in the boat.

Wow thanks for the generous offer! I may do that. 

I know you're primarily a coldwater angler probably in area 2? I've had a blast catching big sunfish in area 3. Used panfish jigs or a fly rod and they are large enough it's tough to reel them in. No one else seems to fish for them.

I asked by phone if I could bring my downriggers to put on a rental boat and was told no as they had to be steam cleaned. No problem with that, but the website says I can bring my own anchors? Wouldn't that be the same risk? Or maybe that info is outdated?
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

Baitbucket

« Reply #32 on: Apr 04, 2018, 03:58 PM »
Form for night fishing is back up on the site.

bigbellybilly

« Reply #33 on: Apr 04, 2018, 04:02 PM »
Thanks Will I had to leave after an hour so was not sure what was going on with the night permit
hope to see you out there some time just printed my application

stripernut

« Reply #34 on: Apr 04, 2018, 07:45 PM »
Mine is going out in the morning... Will, will still get a lower number!

Baitbucket

« Reply #35 on: Apr 05, 2018, 09:20 AM »
It will be good if they get a flood of them thats for sure lol

taxid

« Reply #36 on: Apr 05, 2018, 12:36 PM »
I'm going to send one in. They're going to go WTH Indiana?

:rotflol:
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #37 on: Apr 06, 2018, 06:28 PM »
Form for night fishing is back up on the site.

I can't find it   :'( :'(
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

taxid

MrE1979

• If it was easy they would call it catching.
« Reply #39 on: Apr 08, 2018, 11:54 AM »
Thanks taxid
It is MY responsibility as a fisherman to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now.  Help make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day.

Baitbucket

« Reply #40 on: Apr 18, 2018, 01:39 PM »
Got mine in today.. #7

stripernut

« Reply #41 on: Apr 18, 2018, 01:43 PM »
#6 for me!

bigbellybilly

« Reply #42 on: Apr 18, 2018, 07:17 PM »
Number 8 and 9 low man this year

Baitbucket

« Reply #43 on: Apr 19, 2018, 07:09 AM »
I sent mine in within hours of it becoming available too. There must have been guys waiting at the visitor center that day to get passes lol

dumbba

« Reply #44 on: Apr 19, 2018, 07:42 PM »
No. 5. Sent mine in 3 days after it was available on their site:-)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.