The Fisherman's Wharf > Clean-em Cook-em Eat-em

Tis the Season . . .

(1/2) > >>

bogtrotter:
for winemaking.

Today, I racked and consolidated into one the two carbuoys of dandelion wine that my wife and I have been making in our kitchen, and we just started another with red grapes that we picked in our backyard and a nearby wood lot.

We also have carbuoys of strawberry, black raspberry and pear wine fermenting alongside them.

Any other fellow winemakers out there?  Whatcha got working in your carbuoys at the moment?

Perch-Pirate:
So I just moved and my winemaking gear was part of the things that had to move...love the sound of an Airlock

bogtrotter:
So, what types of wine do you typically make, PP?

F/W/I/W - The grapes out my way appear to be ripe for the picking, so if you want to make a batch you should get your gear out of storage.

Perch-Pirate:
I’ve made a bunch of Rieslings, Gewurtraminer, Concord grape wine, some various dry whites as well. I always use juice now. First couple times I pressed myself and decided it was more work that I really liked.
Sounds like you have some good stuff going Bog!

Going to start something next weekend!

bogtrotter:
My wife and I bottled our carbuoy of dandelion wine this evening - - We got about 25 bottles out of it.

Next up, probably about a month from now, we'll be bottling our strawberry wine.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version