FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Brook Trout  (Read 9484 times)

800stealth

• Got Smallies??
Re: Brook Trout
« Reply #15 on: Apr 15, 2021, 07:31 AM »
Good man

Digs

« Reply #16 on: Apr 15, 2021, 11:34 AM »
This is a great deed but how you ruin native brookie streams

Taking a few fish from a native stream isn't terrible. More food for the others to grow...... Nice work Frank

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #17 on: Apr 15, 2021, 02:02 PM »
This is a great deed but how you ruin native brookie streams

AquaAssassin

« Reply #18 on: Apr 15, 2021, 02:15 PM »
Wish I could see what you posted Jethro!  :D
It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

regallup

« Reply #19 on: Apr 15, 2021, 06:27 PM »
The fish were stocked fish you can tell from the fins. Glad you made someone happy!

AquaAssassin

« Reply #20 on: Apr 15, 2021, 06:52 PM »
The fish were stocked fish you can tell from the fins. Glad you made someone happy!

That’s how I knew Honky was a Hardo

When you’re good at something, you’ll tell everyone. When you’re great at something, they’ll tell you.

AquaAssassin

« Reply #21 on: Apr 15, 2021, 07:44 PM »
Taking a few fish from a native stream isn't terrible. More food for the others to grow...... Nice work Frank

Pretty typical, always someone from over yonder spewing ignorance with no knowledge. It’s why I don’t post out of state.

taxid

« Reply #22 on: Apr 15, 2021, 08:55 PM »
Nothing wrong with keeping a few fish. From my personal experience brook trout don't have very long lifespans anyway. Most of my cultured brook trout don't make it past 3 years.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

AquaAssassin

« Reply #23 on: Apr 16, 2021, 05:13 AM »
Nothing wrong with keeping a few fish. From my personal experience brook don't have very long lifespans anyway. Most of my cultured brook trout don't make it past 3 years.

What do you attribute this to Taxi?? Say compared with a Brown or Brookie?? Is it the char aspect?? The Lake trout seem to live forever though?? Interesting.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #24 on: Apr 16, 2021, 07:04 AM »
Wish I could see what you posted Jethro!  :D

It was funny, OF COURSE, similar to this emoticon ::)

taxid

« Reply #25 on: Apr 16, 2021, 08:48 AM »
What do you attribute this to Taxi?? Say compared with a Brown or Brookie?? Is it the char aspect?? The Lake trout seem to live forever though?? Interesting.

Not sure. I do know there are Canadian strains that live longer, but for some reason it holds for planted brook trout.
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

AquaAssassin

« Reply #26 on: Apr 16, 2021, 08:55 AM »
Not sure. I do know there are Canadian strains that live longer, but for some reason it holds for planted brook trout.

Interesting, so not only is it that the Canadian fish see less interaction with humans, they just physically live longer to grow to those great sizes. Thanks!

Streamfisha

• Poolguy on IS
« Reply #27 on: Apr 16, 2021, 05:22 PM »
Eagle claw spinners...deadly  ;)    Well done AA

AquaAssassin

« Reply #28 on: Apr 16, 2021, 05:58 PM »
Eagle claw spinners...deadly  ;)    Well done AA

Yeup! When you need to make it happen you throw a eagle claw spinner on with some garden hackle and you’re done in minutes. Not my preferred method or my thing per say but, I knew it was how I could get what I wanted and be right back lol

Roccus

« Reply #29 on: Apr 19, 2021, 12:44 PM »
Finished my job on the island and began a new one today in the heart of my stomping grounds as a kid. The old timer building this home was talking about how he loved to catch Brook Trout and fry them up for dinner and then again with eggs for breakfast. However he no longer can physically do it. I told him “ be right back with five” I think he thought I was kidding  :D he was pretty excited!

It aint being cocky if you can back it up... as always good job Bud... good will breeds future success!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.