FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Sad Day today  (Read 1433 times)

stripernut

Sad Day today
« on: May 15, 2021, 05:52 AM »
Put my father's and I boat on Craigslist for sale, we just don't have the time to use and maintain it, this season. (looking to either sell my house or renovate). We are hoping to get something just a bit bigger next year... The fish and fun we have had with that boat...

stripernut

Re: Sad Day today
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2021, 01:12 PM »
Sold in a day, WOW, for more than we paid for 5 years ago...

taxid

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2021, 02:28 PM »
Sold in a day, WOW, for more than we paid for 5 years ago...

Wow you can't beat that!  Btw that boat is made just down the road from me.

I sold my first home back to the same people I bought it from and made money on it!

The old house had a ghost too!
“The trouble with quotes on the Internet is you never know if they are genuine.” —Abraham Lincoln

stripernut

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2021, 04:31 AM »
We can sell our house for about $240,000 right now. I paid/stole it for $32,000 cash, 12 years ago, then with a tax break at that time it worked out to $28,000. Now I am looking for a house for around $300,000, not easy in this market. If I could find a cheap place to live so I could sell first, I might win one of the bidding wars... But with my wife, Mother-in-law, 2 dogs, and a cat, we can't just couch surf for a few months... I am having a big yard sale today, with lots of fishing gear, tools, and most anything else you can imagine... I would rather be fishing in my former boat...

zwiggles

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2021, 05:23 AM »
We can sell our house for about $240,000 right now. I paid/stole it for $32,000 cash, 12 years ago, then with a tax break at that time it worked out to $28,000. Now I am looking for a house for around $300,000, not easy in this market. If I could find a cheap place to live so I could sell first, I might win one of the bidding wars... But with my wife, Mother-in-law, 2 dogs, and a cat, we can't just couch surf for a few months... I am having a big yard sale today, with lots of fishing gear, tools, and most anything else you can imagine... I would rather be fishing in my former boat...

Or just sell your house and buy a giant boat, and surf in perpetuity.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2021, 07:04 AM »
now is the time to sell but not the time to buy sadly. glad the sale of the boat went well for you.

lowaccord66

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2021, 06:41 AM »
Those are nice units, not surprised it sold quickly.  Lots of money floating around.  Wonder how long until the price of everything doubles.

SalmonAndStriper Stalker

• landlocked salmon,stripers,lake trout,trout,bass
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2021, 07:40 AM »
Those are nice units, not surprised it sold quickly.  Lots of money floating around.  Wonder how long until the price of everything doubles.
already almost has so I would say pretty soon

Steve H.

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2021, 08:10 AM »
Wonder how long until the price of everything doubles.

It's coming.  Already has with lumber.  Young bucks on this forum won't remember the stagflation of the 70s.  Brutal.  Mortgage interest rates in the high teens.  That was until Reagan stepped in and beheaded the monster.
It is understood that fishing licenses, gas, bait, etc., all cost money, but try not to let a limit of trout be your only gauge for success. – Ben Nugent, (NH F&G) Regional Fisheries Biologist

stripernut

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2021, 08:11 AM »
Or just sell your house and buy a giant boat, and surf in perpetuity.

Not with my Mother-In-Law...

Knot there yet

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2021, 09:16 AM »
Crazy sellers market
I got to replace my trailer(axle) then I’m putting my Lund up sale 2006 ifs pro v 1800,not sure that’s big enough of upgrade for your liking (150 hp merc) but I’m sure it sell itself too. Good luck

lowaccord66

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2021, 09:48 AM »
It's coming.  Already has with lumber.  Young bucks on this forum won't remember the stagflation of the 70s.  Brutal.  Mortgage interest rates in the high teens.  That was until Reagan stepped in and beheaded the monster.

I know and everytime they mention that or rates I lose my hat in the stock market.  The interesting thing is they are kind of stuck with rates.  Sure they can raise them but they were literally buying back debt in bonds it would increase our debt if they increase rates. 

On the lumber side of things the wood pellets I use to heat my home increased in cost by 100%.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.