FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: DB smelt color chart  (Read 2938 times)

Scalloper

• 73 lbs Atlantic Hal june 2009
DB smelt color chart
« on: May 17, 2021, 02:30 PM »
Kittery use to have the full listing of all of the DB smelt colors available. But not they only have the numbers and colors without a picture of the actual lures. I need to place a order. Any of you know where to get the chart showing all of their offerings?
Its a lazy man that can't find his wife a second job

Stik

Re: DB smelt color chart
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2021, 03:16 PM »

Just google ktp db smelt chart

Scalloper

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2021, 03:43 PM »
Thanks but they dont show all of them.

fishlessman

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 07:31 AM »
Thanks but they dont show all of them.

first thing i noticed was its missing the pink tiger striped rangeley which is one of the more productive ones.

gamefisher

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 10:52 AM »
Haven't fished them in years but 31, 97, 136, 139, 141, 142, 144 seemed to work.

Jethro

• I fish, therefore I am... always buying gear
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 11:30 AM »
first thing i noticed was its missing the pink tiger striped rangeley which is one of the more productive ones.

Yep, Rangeley special! It's one of my go to spoons!

woodchip1

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 06:25 AM »
Works great for trolling, but the H+J lead minnow works better for casting and trolls deaper easier.

fishlessman

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 07:44 AM »
im kind of curious how the db smelts fish this year, they have been less productive for me the last few years. last year with no one out there trolling may have changed that

MarkNFish

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2021, 06:58 AM »
It's odd how lure use and success seems to ebb and flow.  I still use the DB's, especially if I know pin smelt are the prime forage, but I tend to favor other lures now.   Years ago, I used Mooselook Wobblers almost exclusively, then almost stopped using them.  Now I tend to grab one out of the box first again. 

fishlessman

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2021, 08:11 AM »
It's odd how lure use and success seems to ebb and flow.  I still use the DB's, especially if I know pin smelt are the prime forage, but I tend to favor other lures now.   Years ago, I used Mooselook Wobblers almost exclusively, then almost stopped using them.  Now I tend to grab one out of the box first again.

so far this year its been tandems for me and at speeds ive never fished before. the guys dragging bait must be thinking ive lost it

Scalloper

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2021, 12:18 PM »
im kind of curious how the db smelts fish this year, they have been less productive for me the last few years. last year with no one out there trolling may have changed that
To date I have landed 121 to the boat all but 10 were on DBs.

gamefisher

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2021, 12:26 PM »

Bingo.  Iactually think fish get conditioed to the same old same old and a change is necessary at times.  I dug out an old Chappy's (old fishlakewinni guys will remember) special the other day after 20 years of darkness and it has yet to leave my rod this week! 8)

fishlessman

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2021, 12:51 PM »
To date I have landed 121 to the boat all but 10 were on DBs.

thats good, maybe last years breather is what they needed. ive been fishing them along time, back when there were just 6 colors and you could call the owners house and order them. i think his name was dave out of nh. they were a little bit bigger back then. something interesting is you can rig a few backwards and those get bit better on certain days.

fishlessman

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2021, 12:57 PM »
Bingo.  Iactually think fish get conditioed to the same old same old and a change is necessary at times.  I dug out an old Chappy's (old fishlakewinni guys will remember) special the other day after 20 years of darkness and it has yet to leave my rod this week! 8)

chappy is still out there, chappysguide.com.  a couple flies he has up on the site look promising for summer trolling

joefishmore

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2021, 07:36 AM »
so far this year its been tandems for me and at speeds ive never fished before. the guys dragging bait must be thinking ive lost it

Shades of Arthur Libby.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.