FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Cobbossconte lake  (Read 1104 times)

Bills25

Cobbossconte lake
« on: May 24, 2021, 12:33 AM »
Looking to plan a trip up to Maine for bass in July.  I’d like to target largemouths as I live near Erie and have my fair share of smallies here.  I’ve done some research and have came up with cobbosseeconte and China lake.  They are close so I can fish both.  Any advice and/or other locations that may be worth a try while I’m up there.  I have almost 2 weeks to drive around camp fish etc... I have a 17ft boat with a 115 in case there are motor restrictions on other lakes that may be mentioned.  Different species are also an option if I explore beyond the lakes states above.  Anyword on mousam lake?  I fished it a couple years in a row as a kid 15ish years ago just off a dock at a cottage we stayed at and remember very good largemouth fishing back then, but have read in some forums that the bass fiahing has fell off?  Any truth to that?  I’ve heard crappie aren’t native to Maine but have invaded some lakes and have had an effect on bass fishing wondering if that’s the case with mousam.

Pikin Aint Easy

Re: Cobbossconte lake
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2021, 01:48 PM »
My friends and I are trying cobosseecontee from June 6th through June 8th and will be targeting Pike and Bass. This will be our first trip there so we will be trying to do some figuring out ourselves. We usually fish the Belgrade lakes, but are very excited at the opportunity for huge large mouth in coboseecontee while targeting our favorite catch, Pike.

Feel free to message me after June 8th and I would be happy to report how we did.

Dustin

Bills25

Re: Cobbossconte lake
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2021, 02:46 AM »
Thanks, look forward to se how you do.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.