FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Un-Retired …..Again!  (Read 42203 times)

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
Re: Un-Retired …..Again!
« Reply #135 on: Nov 10, 2021, 02:28 PM »
Sure looks nice Bob...
 It will still be there in the spring... ;)   ;D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #136 on: Nov 10, 2021, 02:59 PM »
It would be nice to see my lines in the spring. It’s possible I suppose.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #137 on: Nov 11, 2021, 11:05 AM »
Only got stuck twice today mowing tees.

Been stuck only once all year ….till today. My mowing partner pushed me out of the first one and my Son rescued me the second time. Anyway, we’re all done mowing for the year. The course is so saturated we would do more damage than good.

Time for some fishing and the “Little Wood Shop”

Till next year.
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #138 on: Nov 28, 2021, 02:38 PM »
Kind of miss the “office”. Spent some time with my Son the other day. Drove around the course and marked out a bunch of ash trees that are doomed to be removed this winter. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 150.

meandcuznalfy

« Reply #139 on: Nov 28, 2021, 05:31 PM »
Lol, gonna be a long winter for you

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #140 on: Nov 29, 2021, 05:42 AM »
A lot of nice fire wood there Bob..
 Is it any good in the wood lathe ??
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #141 on: Nov 29, 2021, 09:26 AM »
Seasoned ash  is pretty nasty to turn. Stringy and abrasive on tools. I’ve turned a bit. I might take some limbs if the tree  isn’t completely dead. Turns better green and doesn’t check much. There’ll be plenty to pick and choose from.

Makes great carving mallets.

A lot of it will be sold for firewood. Tops and limbs will probably be burned.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #142 on: Feb 22, 2022, 05:26 AM »
We’re getting closer to opening day at the club. Officially it’s April 24. Me, my Son and the Super have been renovating the grounds facilities going on 4 weeks now. We’ve pretty much got the mechanics portion of the shop cleaned and reorganized. Yesterday the weather let us tackle building 2 which houses equipment, mowers and fertilizer.

It was pretty much a disaster from the way the last super left it. In all we put 5 backhoe bucket loads of junk and trash in the dumpster and moved/stacked 7 or 8 pallets of fertilizers that were scattered all over that building. That allowed us to move the two rough mowers, bunker rake and turbine blower into that building. In turn that freed up a ton of floor space in the cold storage portion of the main shop.

Today we’ll finish running new electric for the compressor which we relocated outside the mechanics shop. Then it’s on to getting the cold storage cleaned and organized. That’s gonna be a real chore. There’s a ton of old junk out there.

Anyway, I’m getting closer to mowing some green grass.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #143 on: Feb 22, 2022, 05:55 AM »
It’s always nice to have things organized Bob…

icefisher47

« Reply #144 on: Feb 22, 2022, 10:12 AM »
Organization is always key.
Take a kid fishing

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #145 on: Feb 22, 2022, 04:59 PM »
Man…I was sore today. Mostly my legs. All that lifting yesterday had me walking like Walter Brennan. All part of getting an old man ready for spring I guess.

Sure feels good hanging out on the couch with a wee dram of bourbon and a peppermint Patty.

Back at it tomorrow.

Mac Attack

« Reply #146 on: Feb 22, 2022, 05:01 PM »

“wee dram of bourbon”

You’re really funny Bob.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #147 on: Feb 22, 2022, 05:27 PM »
Well, my legs are pretty sore. Bourbon may not help, but it can’t hurt…..Right?

Mac Attack

« Reply #148 on: Feb 22, 2022, 06:27 PM »
Well, my legs are pretty sore. Bourbon may not help, but it can’t hurt…..Right?

Can’t hurt buddy!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #149 on: Mar 02, 2022, 05:22 AM »
Official start date is now 3/21. They’re making great progress on servicing, repairing and setting up the mowing equipment. The shop looks amazing compared to last year. We’ve filled 8 dumpsters with junk and have a pretty big pile of scrap metal. I have to say my son and I have done some really great work carrying out the new super’s vision.

Today I’m building a stairway to the storage loft. For 30 years they used an extension ladder to get up and down. Just plain stupid if you ask me.  We’re going to make it usable storage. I’ll be building tire racks and shelving up there eventually.

It’s getting there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.