FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: CastleRock  (Read 3364 times)

Seedtree

CastleRock
« on: Mar 23, 2007, 11:10 PM »
Fished CR today.  Ice is now all the way off.  Boat ramp is clear, and the dock is not in - which is probably a good thing given what I know about this particular dock (amongst other things, it sinks as you stand on it). 

This ramp still sucks bad as well - requiring a backwards, downhill, blind, backup to a twisting/drift up on to a hillside to hit a buckled boat ramp which is sitting sideways to the top of the runup.  All this with plenty of folks judging your effort and all that entails.  Then, one boat tire will submarine while the other is still well out of the water.

Strangely enuff, I'm getting fairly good at the above ramp.  Maybe I  support said ramp in the future voting as keeping the rifraff down here.

Pike are still here.

Tight Lines.

darkhousefisher

Re: CastleRock
« Reply #1 on: Mar 24, 2007, 12:41 PM »
any luck on bass or gluegills? thanks for the ramp report. :rotflol:

Seedtree

« Reply #2 on: Mar 24, 2007, 01:37 PM »
No, but I didn't really  try.  Was trying for Pike and Walleye.  Water has warmed up from 40 last weekend to 45 yesterday.  I'm going to try it again probably  tomorrow.

Seedtree

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31, 2007, 08:19 PM »
Went by CR the other day and the dock is in.  Also, work has been done to fix some of the worst buckled concrete sections on the ramp and some rock added between the concrete sections to smooth things out a bit.  The best news is that there is a new section on the end of the dock to replace the old section.  This is the old dock section that would slowly sink under you, leaving you standing waist deep in water as you frantically unloaded people from the boat.  This was good for hours of amusement for the locals.  Maybe someone actually heard my bitching over the years about this ramp/dock.

Of course, everything is under a foot or two of snow at the moment. 

Tight lines.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.