FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tiber  (Read 8757 times)

eyewinder

Re: Tiber
« Reply #45 on: Jul 30, 2012, 11:34 AM »
I really like the photo of the hail hitting water, too!

I snapped a photo very similar to yours of the linecounters/sunset, and it's one of my favorites.

Fireneyes

• Any Day Fishing is Better Then Working
« Reply #46 on: Aug 01, 2012, 08:37 PM »
You're welcome, the weather was actually pretty good, short of a random storm mid day.

Where did you get the rod holder did you make it or buy it interested in how you did it , the one in the pic looking at your motor

hardwater

« Reply #47 on: Aug 02, 2012, 07:43 AM »
It's a cabela's quick stow rod rack, they still carry them.

SeisMec

« Reply #48 on: Aug 02, 2012, 05:39 PM »
Where did you find those sliding rod holders?

hardwater

« Reply #49 on: Aug 03, 2012, 09:49 PM »
They came on the boat, I checked them out. They say berts custom tackle on them, but there's no part number.

hardwater

« Reply #50 on: Aug 05, 2012, 12:52 AM »
Another good day, good to meet you Robbi!, we should do it again soon, hope you do well tomorrow too.

robbi

« Reply #51 on: Aug 05, 2012, 06:05 PM »
Had a good weekend........fishing was good and even the catching was good.  Eyes and perch.......all northerns were hammer handles and thrown back. Harnesses and slow death.....11 to 20 fow with our best being shallow.  Ran cranks for maybe ten minutes and Jules picked one up like that.  On Saturday she was on fire..........then Sunday, my turn.......:)

Henry, was really good to meet you and yeah, we'll have to do it again.  Thanks again for the info and "showin us how it's done".......LOL.

hardwater

« Reply #52 on: Aug 05, 2012, 11:46 PM »
Hah, no problem, just luck though, I'd rather be lucky than good any day.   I had a good time out there, I'm growing quite fond of that lake.

icing_perch

« Reply #53 on: Aug 08, 2012, 03:17 PM »
Ouch!

Fishing was great! harness's and slow death 12-17 FOW.  Caught tons of eyes, some decent, some dinks, never anything over 20"

Oh and the perch are sure a pain, too bad they weren't a couple of inches bigger.
My dad, mom and I came off the water and left just before that storm arrived.  We had about the same luck that weekend up there.  23 eyes caught between Thursday evening, Friday and a little bit on Saturday.  Same results nothing over 20 inches but still a blast to get out trolling again. 

robbi

« Reply #54 on: Aug 12, 2012, 08:29 PM »
Another good weekend at Tiber...... although the weather Sat morning was questionable it turned out great!     Didn't get terribly hot and after the wind died some on Saturday it was a good walleye chop for the rest of the weekend........The wind changed Sat. night and was from the NE and E on Sunday......changed the pattern some, but we still managed to hook up.  Slow death and harnesses both worked, cranks worked........color changed from Saturday to Sunday....so some experimenting.  But the two hottest colors I found were pink and chartreuse.  However my old stand-by harness with green and yellow beads and hammered silver blade was king on Sunday.  Lost the biggest eye of the season........got him to the surface and couldn't get a net under him before he shook himself loose.......not a good hook up I suppose......

And if Hardwater ever offers to cook you some fish.........don't miss it!!  Was awesome!!  Good to see you again hardwater and hope your company had a good time!  It was one to remember for them that's for sure!

robbi

« Reply #55 on: Aug 19, 2012, 09:28 PM »
Tiber was not as good this weekend.......the bite definitely turned off.  Couldn't find many........only one good one, 20" and a few dinks......couple nice perch.  Tried about everything.

hardwater

« Reply #56 on: Aug 19, 2012, 10:15 PM »
Same here, I picked up 3 nice ones last night, much deeper than usual, other than that, all perch.. But I did fill my live well with some little footballs, found a nice pocket and it was one after another until I hit a couple a dozen, I was fulfilled on that... pulled another line in search of eyes and found nothing but dink perch, seen good marks, but no takers.  Kind of confused, jigged & trolled from shallow to deep, cranks, harness's, slow death.. was wishing I had leeches, but I'm doubting that would of been the ticket.

robbi

« Reply #57 on: Aug 19, 2012, 10:23 PM »
Even the pike man left a little earlier than usual today........he uses leeches so don't think that woulda been the ticket, but at least we could say we tried.......lol

robbi

« Reply #58 on: Sep 03, 2012, 10:38 PM »
Tiber Sunday afternoon and Monday.  Not good on the eyes........Wind, wind and more wind!  Anywhere from 2-4's to 3-5's is my estimate.  A few keeper perch, a nice pike (9 1/2 lbs, 32 inches) and one medium rainbow.  Couldn't find the eyes anywhere........maybe they went south for the winter........??

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.