FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Tiber  (Read 8758 times)

robbi

Re: Tiber
« Reply #30 on: Jul 26, 2012, 09:27 AM »
Nice ride.........I like the depth of it.......

hardwater

« Reply #31 on: Jul 26, 2012, 07:07 PM »
I'm happy with it.  It does kind of sit high out of the water, good when its rough, but the wind kind of smacks it around pretty good when trolling when its rough.. It'll do until I can afford 21' and 250 hp..... That'll be the day ;)

robbi

« Reply #32 on: Jul 26, 2012, 08:10 PM »
Guess we're both buying lottery tickets.........LOL

hardwater

« Reply #33 on: Jul 26, 2012, 08:19 PM »
Haha, exactly, a guy can dream. 

Where you headed this weekend?  I am all packed, I get off at 4 tomorrow and am heading up Tiber way, still unsure which arm I'm targeting so I'm leaning towards the VFW campground and hauling up some extra fuel just in case, I can burn up 27 gallons in a day of searching far too easily.  This will be my second launch on Tiber, so I don't expect it to go well but I have high hopes.  I've got plenty of leeches and crawlers and I've been studying my maps and have quite a few spots picked out, so we'll see.   

robbi

« Reply #34 on: Jul 26, 2012, 10:01 PM »
Waiting to hear back from a friend of mine.  He's got his great niece here for a couple more weeks and she's been talking about wanting to fish.  I offered him use of the boat (he's the guy I bought it from) if he wanted to take her camping/fishing.  If he hauls his camper I told him I'd haul the boat and drop it off. 

If we don't hear back from them, Jules and I were talking about Lake Frustration.......we really like that place......sick I know, but we do and we've only been up once this year so far.

We'll have to compare notes after the weekend.......

Are you out of GF?  We should have a cup of coffee sometime......

hardwater

« Reply #35 on: Jul 26, 2012, 10:39 PM »
Frances? you both must be crazy ;D

Yep, sure am, I go by henrychinaski on ice shanty, we've chatted online before, just never managed to hook up fishing.  Should definitely get together sometime. 

montanaguy

« Reply #36 on: Jul 26, 2012, 11:09 PM »
Robbi-Karen and I went up to Frances yesterday late. Everyone pulling off was cussing and said they did nothing. We did ok.
Jerry

robbi

« Reply #37 on: Jul 27, 2012, 02:06 AM »
Oh Henry.......(never heard that before eh?).....LOL.....didn't know that was you.  Definitely gonna have to hook up.  Tiber weather is now looking better than Frances other than a small % for Saturday.  But, wind wise......of course 10-15's on Frances isn't a bad thing.....nice walleye chop.

Jerry.......draggin bottom?  Last I was up we caught em deep.....25 fow on harnesses.  All my leeches died, so probably going with crawlers.

Thanks for the info.........

montanaguy

« Reply #38 on: Jul 27, 2012, 03:40 PM »
Robbi-20 fow on cranks

hardwater

« Reply #39 on: Jul 29, 2012, 11:30 AM »
Ouch!

Fishing was great! harness's and slow death 12-17 FOW.  Caught tons of eyes, some decent, some dinks, never anything over 20"

Oh and the perch are sure a pain, too bad they weren't a couple of inches bigger.

jiggin365

« Reply #40 on: Jul 29, 2012, 04:01 PM »
Good photo!

hardwater

« Reply #41 on: Jul 29, 2012, 05:34 PM »
You're welcome, the weather was actually pretty good, short of a random storm mid day.

SeisMec

« Reply #42 on: Jul 29, 2012, 09:06 PM »
OH MAN, no bimini top!  That sucks. How many welts do you have.

hardwater

« Reply #43 on: Jul 30, 2012, 08:10 AM »
I actually have one, it sits in my garage.  I'm considering putting it back in the boat :-\

robbi

« Reply #44 on: Jul 30, 2012, 09:07 AM »
LOL..........that's quite the trip.  Can't imagine being out in the boat and having that start!  Glad to see you got into the fish though......that's cool.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.