FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Garden time!!!  (Read 38811 times)

Pikeguy

Re: Garden time!!!
« Reply #135 on: Aug 30, 2006, 01:35 PM »
I'm right with you Scansy.  My friend found this little spot for bacon that is un-freakin'-believable!  It's a little butcher shop/convenience store way out in the sticks.  The proprietors are a husband and wife team in their 80's or 90's.  They cure and smoke right there on site.  The service seems terrible until you slow down and get into chatty mode.  It takes forever for them to get your order, but they know my name and remember what I want everytime I walk in.  It's about 45 minutes one way to get there, but I'd drive twice that far for this bacon.  My friends have taken to calling it God's bacon and I can't disagree.  It's the best I've ever had and I used to belong to a bacon of the month club!  Everytime I drive up, I pray they are still alive ;)

Where???!!!!

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #136 on: Aug 30, 2006, 01:46 PM »
Where???!!!!

Between Janesville and Elkhorn.  I should've said "drive down."  Sorry for the false hope.  Look at it as another reason for us to get together.  We usually have some when we're in Onalaska.
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

Pikeguy

« Reply #137 on: Aug 30, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Between Janesville and Elkhorn.  I should've said "drive down."  Sorry for the false hope.  Look at it as another reason for us to get together.  We usually have some when we're in Onalaska.

Nice. I'm totally planning on making it for one of the times you're there. It's a super easy drive from here  ;)

Pikeguy

« Reply #138 on: Aug 30, 2006, 01:53 PM »
well you  guys had better bring some of that world famous bacon up here if you come out for the ice season get together

I would definitely bring some "Loui's" brats....Right Lucas?  ;)

xrhino

• MMMM! Beer!
« Reply #139 on: Aug 30, 2006, 01:56 PM »
I would definitely bring some "Loui's" brats....Right Lucas?  ;)

we want bacon

I plan on bringing both!
Pain is weakness leaving the body.

High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement

scansy

• IX - X - XIII - XIV - XL
« Reply #140 on: Aug 30, 2006, 04:06 PM »
well you  guys had better bring some of that world famous bacon up here if you come out for the ice season get together

Now I'm hungry - bacon and eggs on the ice.  Maybe a few filets too.  And beer.  Breakfast of Champions!

grumpymoe

« Reply #141 on: Sep 02, 2006, 05:11 PM »
Picked all the tomatoes yesterday afternoon....today all the Yukon Gold potatoes. Cantaloupe are big and juicy....about 2-4 each day....man...even giving it away and eating and they are piling up..plums are just about a day or two away from picking...apples dropping like crazy...squash, peppers....the cukes are still producing like crazy...must have picked about 300 lbs from the 2 rows!!!...here's some shots from the garden today....Grump                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Oh.....and after digging all the Yukons and bringing them to the garage to sit for a few days on the gravel floor to dry out, I spotted this along the heavy shrubs to the south of the house. Looks like my neighbor is using my property for his mobile "garden" away from the limelight!!!  :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: and its not lettuce lol                                                                                                                                                 

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #142 on: Sep 02, 2006, 06:43 PM »
Grump I wish I had as big as a garden as you :o

Fishing is life

MIRC!

pike hound

« Reply #143 on: Sep 25, 2006, 03:22 PM »
Tried growing a giant pumpkin for the first time this year. Got an 80 pounder and a 55 pounder prize winner hybrid. Next year I think I'll try Atlantic giant seeds and try for a real monster. I learned a lot and my daughter loved to help fertilize and water it and watch it grow which was my whole purpose anyway! Here's the 80 pounder.

slipbob

« Reply #144 on: Sep 25, 2006, 03:42 PM »
  :o  Very impressive pumpkin :bowdown:

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #145 on: Sep 25, 2006, 03:46 PM »
great pumpkin!

are you having it mounted?

Fishing is life

MIRC!

pikemaster789

• MIRC!
« Reply #146 on: Oct 01, 2006, 06:23 PM »
Impressive tree!

Fishing is life

MIRC!

CNY Farmer

« Reply #147 on: Oct 01, 2006, 07:35 PM »
here is my tree in full bloom                                                                                                                                      

What is  it ???
I'd rather be fishing instead of milking!!!!

grumpymoe

« Reply #148 on: Oct 01, 2006, 08:08 PM »
out of this world flowers....Grump  :thumbup_smilie:

devil-man

« Reply #149 on: Oct 02, 2006, 04:22 AM »
a........ brugmansia......i think thats how you spell it

It is a Brugmansia hybrid. They are closely related to Datura.
Very interesting plants, but don't be nibbling on them...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.