FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Lake Ontario Salmon Charter (22lb Salmon)  (Read 1770 times)

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
Lake Ontario Salmon Charter (22lb Salmon)
« on: Sep 05, 2005, 09:54 AM »
A group of friends and I decided to book a charter and do some salmon fishing. We headed out for 6 hours yesterday on Lake Ontario. The fishing was relatively slow but we still managed a few fish....As the Captain put it we were 2 for 9...but whose counting....

we got a real early start, I cant remember the last time I watched the sunrise!

My buddy Chris was named assistant captain on the boat and he takes he job very seriously (all that was missing was the pipe...LOL)

We had a group of 5 guys and decided to "shoot" to see which order we got to fish. I lost of course and got to go 5th. Brad won with a great round of "rock, paper, scissors" then wins again as he got the days first fish. A nice little 4-5 pounder, (not bad for a man with a hernia..LOL)

Our Rule was if a fish got on and you put your hands on the rod, that was your turn...The next rod to go off was for Assistant Captain Chris,...withing seconds of grabbing his rod a second rod pops up and Ken was on it. As it turns out they both hooked into the same fish. But they needed to help anyways because they hooked into a beauty 22lb Salmon (the days second and best fish)

I think we need a bigger cooler!

So after that Fish there was still 2 of us left to get a fish on. Aaron was up next and when the rod went off we think he was handed a dead line. We don't know if there was even a fish on it, but due to our rules he lost his turn...

Last but not least, I got a chance, with only 20 minutes left in our 6 hour trip I got a go at a Salmon. It had been awhile since I was trolling for Salmon and I guess I was a little ruff with my fish because I must have pulled him off. Sorry no pics

All in all it was a great day on the water. It was crazy exciting to watch my buddies haul in a monster Salmon. The best picture I missed, the water was really choppy and we got to watch the salmon run thru a wave. It was something I will never forget. here is our Group shot and a last pic of the beast befor we ate him

Kaybe15fishgirl

Re: Lake Ontario Salmon Charter (22lb Salmon)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2005, 10:08 AM »
Bassjunky.... When I firtst saw the post and noticed that there wern't any replies i felt bad and decided to write.. Me and my boyfriend...ZACH "CHEN" were thinking about going out on a charter but it never quite happened.. hopefully soon!!! nice job and looks like you had fun! keep the pics commin'

-Kaybe

pondpro

Re: Lake Ontario Salmon Charter (22lb Salmon)
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2006, 01:31 PM »
nice fish
Tommy G.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.