FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: adkRoy's Adirondack adventures( summertime pics updated page 6)  (Read 17166 times)

Deposit

Nice picks of fish and deer!

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.

Tell me about it, the entire bed of my truck is covered in d**n sucker eggs that DO NOT want to come off!!

Nice specks BTW

Those suckers are a blast uh??  ;D

Bigred, I was using a light pole with a zebco 202 with 6 pound line. It was like salmon fishing on the salmon river only slightly smaller fish.

Big Burk

do you eat suckers? and what bait do you use like carp bait? i have only snagged them and like to catch new fish :tipup:

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
Actually Big Burk I can't stand the taste of fish. :sick: I just like to catch and release. I snagged them using a small split shot and a treble hook. Man they were alot of fun. There were hundreds of them just sitting in the stream. A couple of times I was able to reach down and grab them bare handed.

Pikeguy

Actually Big Burk I can't stand the taste of fish. :sick: I just like to catch and release. I snagged them using a small split shot and a treble hook. Man they were alot of fun. There were hundreds of them just sitting in the stream. A couple of times I was able to reach down and grab them bare handed.

I don't know if snagging them is the best way to C&R fish though :-\ ;) Unless it's right in the mouth.

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
I don't know if snagging them is the best way to C&R fish though :-\ ;) Unless it's right in the mouth.

I can assure you that most of them were caught in the mouth. They are a very hardy fish.  I had one wiggle out of my hands, hit head first on a rock, then hit the water and swam away like nothing happend.

Pikeguy

I can assure you that most of them were caught in the mouth. They are a very hardy fish.  I had one wiggle out of my hands, hit head first on a rock, then hit the water and swam away like nothing happend.

Lol. For some reason that thought made me bust out laughing. :-\ ;)

Fishingking

Wow those are some big suckers way to go on the brookies as well :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

BAZOOKAJOE

I like the new avatar.   ;D

adkRoy

• MFF Mod Team
  • I'd rather be at camp.
Alright boys and girls, it's that time of year again, when the blackflies come out and trout really start biting. I explored some more streams in the souther Adirondacks by stratford and caught a few trout. I took picts of these two beauties because they didn't fall off my hook before I could get my camera out. ;D One of these days I am going to remember to bring a net with me. ::)

Another sure sign it is the best time to go for trout is when the trout lillies in the woods bloom.

Sunday evening my girlfriend and I took out the boat onto Canada lake, West, and Lily lakes. It was a beautiful evening and we saw lots of loons. Here a couple of pictures of loons in Lily lake.

Here is a great picture of Kane Mountain. It is a nice hike up to it's fire tower and the views are fantastic.

Here is the famous Nick Stoner Island, named after the Revoulutionary war hero Nick Stoner

All in all it was a great day Sunday.

Pikeguy

Re: adkRoy's open water pict's(Adirondack trout updated5/1 p2)
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 11:10 AM »
Nice pics of "the loons"  ;D :rotflol: ;D

BAZOOKAJOE

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 11:14 AM »
Beautiful pics!!

Fishingking

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2006, 11:26 AM »
I dont see any pictures of loons, just a couple of "loonies"  :rotflol: :rotflol:  Again nice bunch of pictures . :)
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

TJC

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2006, 12:10 PM »
Those suckers are huge, bet they would catch some huge pike

Robb

• Upstate NY
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2006, 07:36 AM »
Nice pics!! Canada Lake is really cool for the scenery!!

Robb

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.