FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Smoke It If You've Got It!  (Read 146816 times)

Doubles Shooter

Re: Smoke It If You've Got It!
« Reply #255 on: Jun 14, 2019, 08:13 AM »
RG, you're right about the hungry. Haven't had breakfast yet. As far as adding spices to the brine, go for it. The sky is the limit. Let us know how you go with the additions. Always looking for ideas.

I'm planning on smoking some hard boiled eggs tomorrow at camp for deviled eggs. A friend heard about doing eggs and thought everyone was pulling his leg. Got to show him.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #256 on: Jun 14, 2019, 06:09 PM »
A good friend of mine had a dairy farm and did maple syrup in the spring. I spent many years helping tend the arch. One of our favorites ( besides hard cider) to pass the hours was eggs hard boiled in the next to last pass on the arch. The point just before sap turned to syrup.

We'd either eat them straight away or his wife would pack them in pork sausage and pan fry them. Soooooo good!

So, how does one go about smoking eggs? Sounds delicious. Boiled first and peeled before smoking?

Rg

If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Mac Attack

« Reply #257 on: Jun 14, 2019, 07:13 PM »

So, how does one go about smoking eggs?

Rg

;)

Mac Attack

« Reply #258 on: Jun 14, 2019, 07:16 PM »
I have an 8# pork butt thawing out here at the lake.  The place is pretty much back together so I decided to take off next week.  Anyway, I’ll do half as roast in the smoker and make some pulled pork.  The other half I’ll cube up and dry rub with a nice rub I made a ton off and then do the cubes in foil pans for some pork burnt ends.  I made these last year and people loved them.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #259 on: Jun 14, 2019, 07:37 PM »
That was actually a serious technical question.

I have to try those "burnt ends" sometime. I have a pork butt in the freezer

Rg
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #260 on: Jun 14, 2019, 08:03 PM »
 RG, the eggs are hard boiled and peeled first. You'll need a smoke source,that doesn't generate much heat. I use an AMAZN 5x8 inch pellet smoke generator. Smoke them early in the morning when its cool. A couple hours of smoke or to desired color. I like cherry for good color. They make fabulous deviled eggs or egg salad. Some guys pickle them in their favorite pickle. I haven't tried them personally, but want to soon.

Mac Attack

« Reply #261 on: Jun 14, 2019, 09:06 PM »
RG, the eggs are hard boiled and peeled first. You'll need a smoke source,that doesn't generate much heat. I use an AMAZN 5x8 inch pellet smoke generator. Smoke them early in the morning when its cool. A couple hours of smoke or to desired color. I like cherry for good color. They make fabulous deviled eggs or egg salad. Some guys pickle them in their favorite pickle. I haven't tried them personally, but want to soon.

Do you slice them for more smoke penetration.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #262 on: Jun 14, 2019, 09:21 PM »
Yes you can. As a matter of fact, I'm going to try some like that tomorrow for the first time. I've only done whole so far. If the vodka lets me, I'll post pics tomorrow.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #263 on: Jun 15, 2019, 01:50 PM »
Success. The eggs were a huge hit. A couple pictures.
Fresh smoked.

Split to show smoke color.

Before the vultures hit.

I didn't split any before smoking. SWMBO said she liked the smokiness done whole.

Smoked two hours with apple wood pellets.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #264 on: Jun 15, 2019, 03:13 PM »
Looks awesome!

Rg

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #265 on: Jun 15, 2019, 03:16 PM »
Not smoked but....the brachiole is in the sauce getting happy.

Was going to do them on the Weber but the wind is blowing hard. No worries though they smell and look really good.

Rg

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #266 on: Jun 16, 2019, 03:36 AM »
  Honey brined turkey breast from Wegmans..... Applewood chips. OMG  ;D 260 for 45 mins then 210 for 4 hours. Lord have mercy.....

So for Father's day my In Law has only 2 requests, French Onion Soup and Venison. So 15 pounds of onions and 3 whole cloves of garlic, 4 hours of love and soups on! The venison is marinated in my creation I call Mojo baby yeah!

The marinade is;
Cider vinegar
Xvoo
Garlic sliced
Onions diced
Japs diced
Cilantro chopped
Worcestershire
Soy
Pepper
Lime juice.
 I remove the relish and throw it in foil, bake it on the grill then use it too top the steaks. Never heard anything other than mmmm  8)

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #267 on: Jun 16, 2019, 05:51 AM »
Not smoked but....the brachiole is in the sauce getting happy.

Was going to do them on the Weber but the wind is blowing hard. No worries though they smell and look really good.

Rg
That looks great. Its something I haven't had in over 40 years. My grandmother's was great.

Doubles Shooter

« Reply #268 on: Jun 16, 2019, 05:55 AM »
drowndin dots, That Turkey looks great. Also, I'm going to the your marinade for our venison cook off at camp for July 4th. Thanks.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #269 on: Jun 16, 2019, 07:19 AM »
Ed, your the king! Thanks for the marinade and recipe.

The hens are brining. I'm going to let them go another half hour then do the mayo and rub. They can get happy while my son and I go play 9 holes.

Think I'm going to stuff them with carrots, onions, celery and herbs...just for grins.

Made up some smoked perch dip for later. I had to sample....very yummy.

Now if this misty rain will give us a break........

Rg

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.