FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Maine striper fishing, or lack there of.  (Read 1084 times)

jimmie333

• Fish On!
Maine striper fishing, or lack there of.
« on: Aug 18, 2009, 11:27 AM »
Has anyone had any luck with stipers in thew last couple of weeks. I went out Friday morning at high tide and did pretty well. Went back to the same place Saturday morning and Sunday morning and wore the skunk hat home. Pretty crappy season thus far.

Keepah Seekah

Re: Maine striper fishing, or lack there of.
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2009, 12:15 PM »
i've forgotten what they even look like 
<br /><br />Striper fishing isn't a hobby, a hobby is something you do in yer spare time!!

fish killer

« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2009, 02:06 PM »
I havn't been skunked yet this year. More than I can say for last year. Caught about a dozen on the kennebec sunday. 8)

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2009, 02:08 PM »
got my arse handed to me out there sat and sun jimmy...i dunno what was wrong with the fish but i went all the way to richmond island searching and didnt find much to brag about   :-\
Scotty 

tcfish

« Reply #4 on: Aug 18, 2009, 02:10 PM »

I went out of saco yesterday .Got a pile of mackeral but no stripers or blues nada !

turtlebb

« Reply #5 on: Aug 18, 2009, 02:20 PM »
I've haven't caught as many fish this year as i normally do but i still catch a couple each time i go it been slow for the most part but every time i go i seem to catch a fish between 35 and 40 inches i can't seem to break the 40" mark yetr this year you need the fish the beaches when it gets dark.

tcfish

« Reply #6 on: Aug 18, 2009, 02:30 PM »

I plan on tying the beach in the next couple of nights tides are right for it plus a lottle COOLER

Keepah Seekah

« Reply #7 on: Aug 18, 2009, 08:07 PM »

I plan on tying the beach in the next couple of nights tides are right for it plus a lottle COOLER

i got down to popham at about 5:30am a few sundays ago. tide was low and slack. there were fish kickin around here and there. i was to busy chasin em up and down the beach with a hydro pencil to even think about tryin cut macks first. soon as the tide started to turn and fight, the action disappeared. had one guy walk down and offered us what he had left for eels. said they had a productive night up past the pier pillings. we never beached a fish that day.
<br /><br />Striper fishing isn't a hobby, a hobby is something you do in yer spare time!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.