FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Yankee Report 5/12-5/14 Wilson  (Read 936 times)

Yankee Troller

• Fishing Lake Ontario for Salmon & Trout
Yankee Report 5/12-5/14 Wilson
« on: May 15, 2006, 06:51 AM »
Another smoking weekend. The place is phenominal. This weekend I met a few guys from the board. True Grit was docked next to me in the marina. I also talked with Maniac on the water. What a super guy, and he sounded like he was quite the popular man out there. I tired tp leave him alone b/c he was smoking the fish and talking to everyone and thier mother on the radio. I didnt get a chance to take many pictures this weekend b/c there were only 3 of us on board. So heres how we did:

5/12 - Made the first trip to the actual bar. I figured that the big boys were coming from around the cans so why not give it a try. We only did a dozen fish or so biggest being arouns 22lbs. I guess the bite a few miles east was hot, but we decided to stick with the can/border thing. I honestly cant remember what the hot ticket was for this day. Im sure there were some rotators/flies and a fews spoons, most likely the main progam we usually run.

5/13 - Most likely the best day out there for most. We had 20 fish on by 10am. Fish were just west of port and deep. We found them laying on the bottom in 100-140 fow. Best set ups were white/white spin docs on the riggers just above the bottom. Froggy's up high taking the suspended fiah in the 40-70' range. Wire dipsey out 300 on a 1.5 setting with same rig as the deep rigger. Highlight of the day was the triple we had on. All weekend it was just my father, brother , and I. Everyone else japped on us. First wire went at 300' on the wire. He didnt stop till the LC said 800. Second wire went shortly after the first. And lastly the corner rigger took off. After 12 the bite died fast for us and we were in by 2 b/c of the nasty fog coming in.

5/14 - Had some great breakfast at the little diner in town. That was the highlight! Waves were 3-5 just like the weather predicted.

Cant wait to go back up this weekend!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.