FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The US Open: Winged Foot  (Read 17965 times)

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
The US Open: Winged Foot
« on: Jun 14, 2006, 08:39 AM »
Well I have been waiting for SlipBob to crack this open, but then he has been quite busy lately  8) 
Must be tending to his garden  ;D

So, who will Hoist the 2006 US Open trophy ?? 

The obvious pick is unquestionably, statistically speaking, the best player in the game at this moment, this year, in the world - #1 Tiger Woods  :P  Man is that kid is good. 

Lindz's pick for 06 - BobCat Estes.
   &  Bass

slipbob

Re: The US Open: Winged Foot
« Reply #1 on: Jun 14, 2006, 01:02 PM »
Well I have been waiting for SlipBob to crack this open, but then he has been quite busy lately  8) 
Must be tending to his garden  ;D

Yes lately I've been very busy with a little fishing and some working on the new house.  I'm looking for a strong showing from Reteif or maybe Lefty with his two driver system.  I really need to get cable installed at my office so I can watch the first and second round coverage during the day.

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #2 on: Jun 14, 2006, 01:21 PM »
It looks like the Philsbury Doughboy is going to opt out of the two driver thing and instead work 4 wedges.

He is pulling his Sandy and putting the 64 degree in play, which should be pretty fun to watch. 
   &  Bass

Pikeguy

« Reply #3 on: Jun 14, 2006, 01:35 PM »
It looks like the Philsbury Doughboy is going to opt out of the two driver thing and instead work 4 wedges.

He is pulling his Sandy and putting the 64 degree in play, which should be pretty fun to watch. 

Oh man...Whiffelson with 4 wedges...he could be deadly with 4 wedges  ;)

I have no clue who'll win this one.. usually when I can play I stop watching ;D

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #4 on: Jun 14, 2006, 01:55 PM »
Winged Foot looks to be set up pretty sweet, and you gotta love those A.W. courses  :bowdown:
   &  Bass

carpcatcher

« Reply #5 on: Jun 15, 2006, 09:22 AM »
I'm going with the home state guy, Furyk!!!!!! end of discussion. Oh, yea, he's leading at this moment so that might have swayed my pick a little ;)
          Jim
Love 2 fish

slipbob

« Reply #6 on: Jun 15, 2006, 09:23 AM »
I'm going with the home state guy, Furyk!!!!!! end of discussion. Oh, yea, he's leading at this moment so that might have swayed my pick a little ;)
          Jim

I just hope they cancel those ANNOYING Srixon commercials with that stupid talking ball >:(  Who the hell plays Srixon balls anyway ??? 

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #7 on: Jun 15, 2006, 09:26 AM »
I just hope they cancel those ANNOYING Srixon commercials with that stupid talking ball >:(  Who the hell plays Srixon balls anyway ??? 

I was going to reply with a Fuzzy commemt but instead decided against it  :blink:
   &  Bass

Lindz

• "Jo Jo Running"
« Reply #8 on: Jun 15, 2006, 09:28 AM »
          Jim

John Cookie Monster is hanging in the opening minutes.  As long as Furyk's tooth brush injury does not flare up to get him  :o  He could be there at the end.
   &  Bass

slipbob

« Reply #9 on: Jun 15, 2006, 09:30 AM »
We need more "Sign boy" commercials like the one where he's driving "Big Daddy" around in the cart and goes through the drive thru or the one where Ernie Els is dressed up as and acting lke sign boy in the locker room.  That's some funny stuff.  ;D  Yeah let's hope Furyk doesn't get hurt taking his socks off later today :D

Pikeguy

« Reply #10 on: Jun 15, 2006, 09:36 AM »
We need more "Sign boy" commercials like the one where he's driving "Big Daddy" around in the cart and goes through the drive thru or the one where Ernie Els is dressed up as and acting lke sign boy in the locker room.  That's some funny stuff.  ;D  Yeah let's hope Furyk doesn't get hurt taking his socks off later today :D

Sign boy...lol. Those are good ones ;)

Daly and furyk will both choke :-\ I like them both...but history tends to repeat itself as they say

carpcatcher

« Reply #11 on: Jun 15, 2006, 09:51 AM »
My tourney partner got talked into buying some of those srixon balls and they lasted 2 holes till he got his pro v's back out :rotflol:
        Jim
Love 2 fish

Pikeguy

« Reply #12 on: Jun 15, 2006, 09:53 AM »
My tourney partner got talked into buying some of those srixon balls and they lasted 2 holes till he got his pro v's back out :rotflol:
        Jim

Why even bother switching. lol  I have to admit though, I've been playing Maxfli noodles lately and they aren't all bad :-\  I still prefer Pro-V's ;D

carpcatcher

« Reply #13 on: Jun 15, 2006, 09:58 AM »
If you buy a flueger instead of a shimano you wouldn't need to play those noodles at all :D
        Jim

Love 2 fish

Pikeguy

« Reply #14 on: Jun 15, 2006, 10:00 AM »
If you buy a flueger instead of a shimano you wouldn't need to play those noodles at all :D
        Jim

Yeah I'll have all kinds of Ball money left over... Hopefully I'll place well in our "Open" this Saturday and I'll have gift certs in the Pro Shop ;D ;D  Then I can get a Pflueger and put it on a St. Croix  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.