FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: New Boat  (Read 3571 times)

grumpymoe

Re: New Boat
« Reply #15 on: Jun 16, 2006, 04:33 AM »
There is that part in the troubleshooting checklist; Is the boat removed from the trailor?
               :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:  Grump  ::)

Heiden

« Reply #16 on: Jun 16, 2006, 04:56 AM »
Hey now thats an idea!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Nate

Heiden

« Reply #17 on: Jun 17, 2006, 07:20 PM »
The prop on the boat was a 19, the dealer was taking to the lake to see what was going on.  He ran in the pond on the trailer and he said it was short on rpm's,  when I had my trouble with it, it would only get to about 3800 to 4000 rpm's.  He said he is going to change the prop on, he had an 11 and 12 he was going to try out.  With the motor not getting to the max rpms, 5800-6000,  will the wrong prop do this or are they just pulling my leg?

Thanks
Nate

bwalleye

• OK, just follow my nose
« Reply #18 on: Jun 17, 2006, 07:51 PM »
The prop on the boat was a 19, the dealer was taking to the lake to see what was going on.  He ran in the pond on the trailer and he said it was short on rpm's,  when I had my trouble with it, it would only get to about 3800 to 4000 rpm's.  He said he is going to change the prop on, he had an 11 and 12 he was going to try out.  With the motor not getting to the max rpms, 5800-6000,  will the wrong prop do this or are they just pulling my leg?

Thanks
Nate

Nope, he's not kidding.  Did you purchase the boat and motor together?  I'm at a loss why your  rig would be so mis-matched.  19" sounds huge to me for a 60 horse motor, unless it has very little pitch--even so..... a three blade 19" prop is a whole lot of prop.

grumpymoe

« Reply #19 on: Jun 17, 2006, 08:42 PM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is a 60 horse fourstroke Mercury, the full throtle rpm is 6000
when I had my trouble with it, it would only get to about 3800 to 4000 rpm's.
....now I'm not sure if we can help you lol.....which rpm was it really running at? Grump ::)....BTW....if it has a 19 prop, its not an outboard.....its a plane ;D  ....planes dont have problems planing  ;D

winchester 88

« Reply #20 on: Jun 18, 2006, 07:14 AM »
 Don't you just "Love" those Merc Engines?

I have several friends that own them and they are always far**ting with them to get them to start or run right or something else.

You would think that a motor fresh out of the box from the factory would run like a charm.

I'd get a Yamaha...My buddy has one and we love it.Quick start,quiet, fuel effecient and goes like a bat out of haddes.

My 2cents...Winchester 88

Ice Dawg

« Reply #21 on: Jun 18, 2006, 01:55 PM »

I have several friends that own them and they are always far**ting with them to get them to start or run right or something else.

You would think that a motor fresh out of the box from the factory would run like a charm.

I'd get a Yamaha...My buddy has one and we love it.Quick start,quiet, fuel effecient and goes like a bat out of haddes.
 I'm not positive, but the powerhead might be a Yamaha on a 60 Merd 4 stroke. ???
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Ice Dawg

« Reply #22 on: Jun 18, 2006, 01:56 PM »

I'm not positive, but the powerhead might be a Yamaha on a 60 Merc 4 stroke. ???
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Heiden

« Reply #23 on: Jun 19, 2006, 11:29 AM »
The dealer has taken it out and says that it has the wrong prop, after testing it a number 11 was the best for it,  it planes out fine with full load so I will ave it back today.  Thanks for all the info,  by the way all motors have there goods and bads  it is just personal preferance what you think is best.

Thanks
Nate :D

gillmaniac

• I Don't Go Fishing, I Go Catching!!!
« Reply #24 on: Jun 19, 2006, 12:25 PM »
good lcuk wiht the new boat
I am a maniac for gills!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.