FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Biggest brook trout  (Read 60476 times)

Bigfish57

Re: Biggest brook trout
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2005, 04:47 PM »
Mine is 19" I caught this beauty a month ago and its headed for the wall. Some day I hope to break the 20" mark

Anthony

jacksmelt

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2005, 05:12 PM »
i got a 24in.  4.5ilber on a flyrod in soldier pond when i was 16. gave it to my grandfather and he ate it! i wish i had that fish now it would be on my wall. next biggest was caught on a kastmaster trolling a shallow remote lake 21in  3.5 lbs. het ant. ill bring you there when you come up mem. day weekend. maybe youll best youre current record. im gonna hit it this weekend. ill let you know how i do.

deerhunter

« Reply #32 on: Jun 10, 2005, 07:11 AM »
caught a 5 lber ice fishing and a 3.5 lber on worms in a dead water . what a fight.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #33 on: Jun 13, 2005, 05:38 PM »
Lots of you guys get stocked brookies? That's kinda wierd, all of ours are from wild spawn. I mean they were stocked like 100 years ago but since then its been spawning mostly.

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #34 on: Jun 13, 2005, 06:27 PM »
Natives over here often don't have the forage base to get very large. Stockies are 10-15" when they come in, so their chances to reach 4-5 pounds are better. Natives are fairly hard to come upon in my neck of the woods. :(

trapperdirk

« Reply #35 on: Jun 22, 2005, 01:09 AM »
Well my best is a 6 and 1/4 pounder but have seen bigger caught and by gosh I wanna get one this winter . As a rule most of mine are in the 1 1/2 range and up to 4 in the lakes I fish through the ice . By far my favourite fish to catch especially the footballers . ;D

TD
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #36 on: Jun 22, 2005, 12:42 PM »
don't get to icefish em over here much...there is only one lake you could icefish with them in it but it is a small population and at 11,000+ ft. in elevation so the snow is like 6 ft. deep on the lake and the ice is like 3 ft. thick. The lake I'm speaking of was still completely frozen over 2 weeks ago :o do they fight good through the ice trapper or are they wusses like lakers?

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #37 on: Jun 22, 2005, 06:15 PM »
The big ones are the best fighters through the ice. Anything over 2 pounds will give you a run for your money because they head shake so much it's tough to get them lined up with the hole.......is it winter yet? ;D

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

MikeVT

• Wishin I was Fishin!!!
« Reply #38 on: Jun 23, 2005, 11:19 AM »
Got a 15" from the Battenkill 2 years ago, my best native to date.  I have a small stream next to my house loaded with 8-10" natives that make a tasty meal anytime, brookies are always in the mood to hit a small silver spinner.

Fishingking

« Reply #39 on: Jul 11, 2005, 06:38 PM »
11" er  my dad got one 13" out of a very small trout stream on our property  it probably holds less than 100 natives  no stokies in it
Team NY 
Was that nice enough for you?

TGF

• MFF Mod Team
  • I still got my eye on you guys...
« Reply #40 on: Jul 15, 2005, 06:54 AM »
don't get to icefish em over here much...there is only one lake you could icefish with them in it but it is a small population and at 11,000+ ft. in elevation so the snow is like 6 ft. deep on the lake and the ice is like 3 ft. thick. The lake I'm speaking of was still completely frozen over 2 weeks ago :o do they fight good through the ice trapper or are they wusses like lakers?

You just described icefishing in northern BC in our higher elevation lakes. Its do-able otherwise we don't fish :-[

PGKris

• Master of the micro leech
« Reply #41 on: Jul 18, 2005, 01:13 AM »
Amen! Gotta love hitting the bottom of the handle on the auger! Is it winter yet?

Sailing team

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

Hilltopper

« Reply #42 on: Jul 19, 2005, 09:14 AM »
15" 1.8 lb hook-jawed male earlier this year. Was feeling pretty godd about myself until about 45 minutes later when my buddy caught his biggest ever...18" 2.5 lbs. This was in a Caledonia County pond in Northern VT.

TroutSlayer

« Reply #43 on: Sep 01, 2005, 03:58 PM »
No photo, but mine was just over six from near Trapper!  Here's a few photos of others!

Two Specks from a lake near Trapper

A Speck from the place Whisperwoman knows

A few more from Trappers area!

Bro John with an Ice Speck

A nice Speck

Lake Burlie Speck

Loon Lake Brookie

That's it for now folks, testing the limits of the board ;D 

trapperdirk

« Reply #44 on: Sep 27, 2005, 12:54 AM »
Great pics of the king of fish T.S. and this area sure does produce some dandys as you well know . ;) ;D

TD
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.