MyFishFinder By Species > Walleye

Biggest eyewall???

(1/27) > >>

slipbob:
Alright what's your biggest wallywacker.  I have lots of pet names for these fish cause they are my absolute favorite fish of all time since I was about 6 years old.  They just intrigue me for some reason and I guess everybody has to have a favorite something.  My largest walleye was 12lbs from the lower Oswego river a big old harbor eye.  How bout you???  Remember no fish stories here please just the facts man just the facts!!!

eyedoktr:
I've been very fortunate in that I have caught quite a few over 10#. Thank you Bay of Quinte and Lake Erie. My heaviest though is 13.7# jigging through the ice on the Bay of Quinte. 32" long

Otter:
Those are awesome fish!  My biggest is 26", 6.5 lbs.  Someday I'd like to catch one over 10#s.  But alas, I must move to Mississippi for work and I won't have too much time or opportunity to fish for walleye.  I have truly enjoyed the last month though, what a fish!  I love fishing for walleye!!!  ;D

camo_fish:
10#, 30" C&R few years back in Oct. @ sunset on a 1-1/2 oz yellow bucktail of the bank on the Hudson river, NY. 15# line, ambassator baitcaster, 5 1/2 ft. med-heavy rod.
And got to share my joy all by myself. ;D

Mackdaddy21:
Most of the walleyes I catch are 1 - 3 pounds. A four pounder isn't a bad one for me.
I was fortunate one evening ice fishing to land a 10 pound and 7 pound walleye on consecutive drops with a jigging rapala. Both were egg laden females getting ready to spawn (it was late february), and I released both. I was fishing alone and didn't get a pic of either, but I would rather release a big female with eggs rather than kill it for a pic.
Since I can't afford to have my fish mounted, I would rather release most any trophy. It's really important in my mind to keep those genes in the gene pool. Most big fish don't taste good anyway. Give me four 12" brookies or three 14" walleyes and that is a meal fit for a king.

Tyler

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version