Re: lure
« Reply #1 on: Apr 03, 2004, 05:17 PM »
A hair jig tipped with spikes is always good
ZUKE

PERCH INC.

• Monster Perch Rulz!!!!
« Reply #2 on: Apr 03, 2004, 10:37 PM »
Seems like thay like white jigs- tubes-twisters-hair tipped the a piece of nite crawler.
Pass it on !! "Hunting and Fishing"

firstice_rules

• got to get them fishies
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2004, 10:44 AM »
1-1 1/2 inch tube slow rolled or jiged works best for me
notin better than a perch on the end of my line!

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #4 on: Apr 04, 2004, 05:38 PM »
I like a small 1 1/2 inch tube jig tipped with a small sliver of crawler, fished under a slip bobber. Adjust the bobber stop until you find the depth the crappies are holding at. I have had amazing sucess on this lure.

Tyler

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #5 on: Apr 11, 2004, 11:56 AM »
Open water:  Just about any small jig under a float at the right depth when the water is cold, the same jig tossed on light line when the water warms.  My favorites are 1 1/2" tubes on 1/64 oz. tube in white, chartreuse, gold or silver glitter, or any combination of those colors.  Also good are 1" twister tails in pumpkinseed, chartreuse, or white on 1/64 ounce jigheads.  Power wigglers on 1/80 oz. jigheads are awesome as well.  Ice jigs tipped with maggots are also very good under a float.

The key to catching crappie is finding them and what depth that they are at.  Vertical jigging for them is effective to if you can stay over the school.

crappieman12887

« Reply #6 on: Apr 11, 2004, 12:37 PM »
Open water:  Just about any small jig under a float at the right depth when the water is cold, the same jig tossed on light line when the water warms.  My favorites are 1 1/2" tubes on 1/64 oz. tube in white, chartreuse, gold or silver glitter, or any combination of those colors.  Also good are 1" twister tails in pumpkinseed, chartreuse, or white on 1/64 ounce jigheads.  Power wigglers on 1/80 oz. jigheads are awesome as well.  Ice jigs tipped with maggots are also very good under a float.

The key to catching crappie is finding them and what depth that they are at.  Vertical jigging for them is effective to if you can stay over the school.
hay there you are fat boy the only thing that you forgot to tell them that you are now a sales man for the tackle shops, i notice that after you left the fall out crew no one ever gave me an ansewer if i could join them or not ,but thats all right i forgive you now mybe i can find a fall out of the boat group what is less painfull anyways.lol bill

Jigwiggler

« Reply #7 on: Apr 11, 2004, 12:57 PM »
My all time favorite open water crappie lure is a 1" chartruse twister on a pink 1/16oz jig head attached to a right angle spinner like a "beetle spin".  Great for locating, great for catching.   :o Let me at em'!
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

peple of the perch

« Reply #8 on: Apr 11, 2004, 08:06 PM »
the smallest jig head i could find is a 1/16 where r u finding 1/64

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.