FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: what float to use for deadbaiting pike  (Read 5858 times)

ran7ger

what float to use for deadbaiting pike
« on: Apr 01, 2008, 08:47 PM »
 was wondering what my best option would be...will be using 6-8 inch smelt or herring on quickstrike rigs...which style float would keep this rig up, but offer the least resistence when the fish takes the bait?

thanks in advance!
got a fish on the line and my boat on the water
and it's gettin' near time to take the cows to the slaughter

JCaughtem

• Warning....These fish bite!
Re: what float to use for deadbaiting pike
« Reply #1 on: Apr 01, 2008, 09:43 PM »
was wondering what my best option would be...will be using 6-8 inch smelt or herring on quickstrike rigs...which style float would keep this rig up, but offer the least resistence when the fish takes the bait?

thanks in advance!
A larger cylinder shaped slip bobber withe a whole that goes all the way  through the lengthe of it.Send your line through noy one but twice so the it sides but not to easily if the bobber is weighted or not put a silding weight 2/3 way down between bobber  and bait with split shot to stop it from going down the leader to the bait or your swivel will not allow it to.The bobber should slide down by hand when figting the fish closer to you you can slide it towards the fish.Not like fixed floats you can only get so close to the fish and you cant real no more line because the bobber is at the rod tip .Mean while fish got off when it could have been quikley netted.

JCaughtem

• Warning....These fish bite!
Re: what float to use for deadbaiting pike
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2008, 09:43 PM »

thanks in advance!
Almost like for catfish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.