FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Fishing at night for crappies  (Read 15806 times)

nuke1neil

Re: Fishing at night for crappies
« Reply #15 on: Mar 19, 2004, 10:12 AM »
Thanks Dave,I'll give the green one a try.

fishfearme

« Reply #16 on: Mar 19, 2004, 10:22 AM »
Thanks Dave,I'll give the green one a try.

your welcome.the green one is tube shaped and floats .there is a clip on one side you can add weight to so that it sinks.add untill it is at the level you want. good luck
Dave

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #17 on: Mar 20, 2004, 01:49 PM »
Fishfearme,

Thanks for the link and tip. I could spend some time look'in around the Hookand target site.

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

fishfearme

« Reply #18 on: Mar 20, 2004, 08:11 PM »
Reelcharacter,
no problem ....one of my favorites to buy from
Dave

sparkie

« Reply #19 on: Mar 21, 2004, 05:20 PM »
This method is very productive.  A lake I fish in Ohio does have a decent day bite but at night it looks likke a city along a cause way that spans the lake.  Elbow to elbow crappie fisherman and fisherladies.  Great time is enjoyed by all.  We use laterns that bring the fish close to shore and somenights you can clobber them and the next there may only be a short night bite.

We go to a used car junk yard and pick up car lights for around a $1 and plug them in and hang them over the side of the boat, just have to watch when moving they will get real hot.  Unlimited supply and a couple will sure light up the area around any boat.

nuke1neil

« Reply #20 on: Mar 21, 2004, 07:20 PM »
I was out last night from 11 to 1:30 am.Fished under a bridge,hung a dual mantle lantern from the rail down to 6 inches from the water.Caught about 10 crappie,none over 9-10 "Threw them back,they would have been big enough if I felt like cleaning them.Had a good time.Usually not crowded that time of night!

icefishnh

« Reply #21 on: Mar 21, 2004, 07:42 PM »
anybody think 2 lightsticks tied together would be alrighrt?
I like big fish and I cannot lie!

lawnguy

« Reply #22 on: Mar 22, 2004, 06:05 PM »
I have 1.5" glowsticks that I will set anywhere from 1"-6" above the hook and it seems to work great.  I have found red and green to work best but all colors seem to produce.
I love the fishes cause there soooooo delicious, gotta have my fishes

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
« Reply #23 on: Mar 22, 2004, 07:51 PM »
I don't think Its leagl for me to use lights at night while fishing i havent officaly checked the specs but anyone know what the Canadian Ontario rules are to using lights for fishing at night for attractants?
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

nuke1neil

« Reply #24 on: Mar 22, 2004, 08:37 PM »
Hi Germ,nice to see another familiar name from iceshanty.I was reading the Ontario laws,only one I came up with was 1989.I did'nt feel like downloading the new versions.Back then it says it's illegal to use light to attract fish,unless it's part of a fishing lure.I think it was in section 5.

reelcharacter

« Reply #25 on: Mar 22, 2004, 11:58 PM »
We go to a used car junk yard and pick up car lights for around a $1 and plug them in and hang them over the side of the boat, just have to watch when moving they will get real hot.  Unlimited supply and a couple will sure light up the area around any boat.

Hey Sparkie,

How long will a standard car battery keep one of those car headlights lit, any idea?

-Reelcharacter
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

reubenpa

« Reply #26 on: Mar 23, 2004, 01:09 AM »
unplug one of your car lights, turn them on, b ut don't turn your car on, then time it!!!!  lol ;D
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

lilwill19

« Reply #27 on: Mar 23, 2004, 08:37 AM »
I have caught many crappies by using the under water light.  Its weird, you may not see any fish on the fish finder, but you know they are in the area... you put the light down there and within the next half hour, the fish finder is full of fish.  They usually start down low and as the night goes on, you can actually see them right under your boat by the light.  It is a blast, and I cant compare any other kind of fishing to this.  I have done this for several years, some nights are like what I just described, other nights are just off.  I have done this from depths down to 40' and had it work. 
Fish On!!!

reelcharacter

« Reply #28 on: Mar 23, 2004, 11:52 PM »
Thanks a lot Reuben . . .

One (or usually more on this site) in every crowd.  :)

-Reelcharacter

sparkie

« Reply #29 on: Mar 24, 2004, 08:00 PM »
Reelcharter
I can get about 4-5 hours of fishing from the battery. It has to be a deep cycle battery.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.