FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: 100KM North of Kenora  (Read 2194 times)

walley hunter

100KM North of Kenora
« on: May 08, 2008, 11:43 AM »
Does anyone know if there's still ice around there, i want to go there opening day but i heard there is alot of ice everywhere!!!!!!!!!

Goonloon

Re: 100KM North of Kenora
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 12:40 PM »
hey wallyhunter....did you mean 17th May? The ice has been very slow to go up here this year but its finally going, its all but gone on Wabigoon, however alot of the deeper lakes seem to be locked in still with 10-20 feet breaks from the shore. I would say most stuff should be good to go by 17th but if ya can tell me where exactly you plan going...ie a lake(s) name(s) i can probably get an accurate ice report and prediction.

walley hunter

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 01:27 PM »
hey wallyhunter....did you mean 17th May? The ice has been very slow to go up here this year but its finally going, its all but gone on Wabigoon, however alot of the deeper lakes seem to be locked in still with 10-20 feet breaks from the shore. I would say most stuff should be good to go by 17th but if ya can tell me where exactly you plan going...ie a lake(s) name(s) i can probably get an accurate ice report and prediction.

thanks for the reply, we're going to Long legged Lake.

Goonloon

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2008, 04:26 PM »
Hey WH,

well sounds like its shore to shore up there at the moment. Could not find out about Long Legged specifically but Red Lake(very close) is shore to shore with a few gaps here and there. Spoke to a lady who runs a blog for an outpost and she says the ice is very thin and going black at the moment and should only need a bit of sun and some wind to get things going. I can give you the blog web address as she says she will be updating regularly. I should be able to get more info in the next couple of days and i'll keep ya posted....till then...happy hunting.

Have a look here

http://www.viking-island.blogspot.com/

walley hunter

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2008, 07:50 AM »
sounds good, thanks for your help, i just talked to my buddy an i'm heading out there on May 20th-24th. will post some pics. happy fishing

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.