FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What are some of your favorite artificials?  (Read 10176 times)

slipbob

What are some of your favorite artificials?
« on: Apr 26, 2004, 03:36 PM »
What jigs or artificials do you like for crappies?  Here's a sampling of what I like to use for crappies in the open water season.  The tiny yo-zuris work real well.
(pins minnow pictured).  These are some of the baits I have had good luck with.
[/img]

Sluggo

Re: What are some of your favorite artificials?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 27, 2004, 03:26 PM »
Hey slipbob,

I just bought a Plano bin with 16 different coloured tubes (20 count of each colour) and a bunch og tube and regular jigs.  Needless to say that's what I've been using this spring.  I also use Berkley grubs. 

We slaughtered the crappie last weekend on red with white tail tubes.
GET IT ON!

reubenpa

« Reply #2 on: Apr 27, 2004, 05:04 PM »
slipbob, I had a fat yosuri like that one until I lost it first day of trout this year, and I saughtered the little bas on  holamn lake PA last year...  I like it, I want another, but Walmart here don't have it, and I haven't lloked again at Gander!!!
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Apr 27, 2004, 06:29 PM »
I like all of them baits as well.  I also like maribu crappie jigs.  They work well with a minnow under a float.
A 17 yr. old that is addicted already.

Somers

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2004, 10:15 AM »
The maribou work w/ or w/o a minnow underneath.  The feathers add the most realistic movement of any artificials.  I also like the yozuri/husky jerk suspending cranks for the larger fish once they move onto the points and into the shallows.

Jigwiggler

« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2004, 11:35 AM »
Tube jigs are great, with a float or without.  I also like various small suspending crankbaits like the Yo-zuris you have pictured.  Spinners, both inline and the beetle spin type for heavier cover account for the largest # of my crappies but the biggest usually come on larger spinnerbaits while in search of Largemouths.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2004, 08:15 PM »
I also like beetle spins and road runners with bubble bellies work well.

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2004, 10:18 PM »
Small tubes fished under small slipbobbers are the best crappie lures around. I always sweeten them with a sliver of crawler or mealworm.
In line spinners like small mepps and panther martins can be deadly as well. And small cranks work really well too.
Just adjust the float stop until you find the depth that crappies are holding. A fishfinder makes it easier. Generally in spring, which is when crappies are easiest, they will be within 5 feet of the surface. Other than spring, ice fishing is the best time to find crappies. They will generally suspend then.

Tyler

fishersofmen

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 07:53 AM »
trolling with elec motor...very slowly...using a rocket bobber...designed to lay on its side and balanced so that if the crappie hits the jig the bobber moves to an upright position...using a 1/32 jig and berkley power bait micro minnow...2" white....was very deadly on randal lake in mich...first day ran identical rig except real minnow on one rod and the artificial on the other rod....about a 6:1 ratio caught on artificial rig...steve

crappieman12887

« Reply #9 on: Jun 02, 2004, 12:08 AM »
100 percent a rubber man ,tubes and twisters,slibbob if you need a place to get some really good price tackle i message me ,i have got a couple places i deal with that blow alot of other places out of the water.price wise and also offer alot more color selection,then you will get any were.bill

crappieman12887

« Reply #10 on: Jun 03, 2004, 10:37 PM »
100 percent a rubber man ,tubes and twisters,slibbob if you need a place to get some really good price tackle i message me ,i have got a couple places i deal with that blow alot of other places out of the water.price wise and also offer alot more color selection,then you will get any were.bill
I followed your advice cman and got that catalog from the place in Texas you told Magnum about.  They have the motherload of tubes and tails.  Thanks.
oh no now you got the adress of the place i get my secret weapons from.bill how do you like there glow in the dark tubes,bill

crappieman12887

« Reply #11 on: Jun 05, 2004, 09:45 PM »
Cman I haven't ordered anything yet from Lester's because I have enough rubber to last me 3 more years as lately I have been walleye fishing mostly and hardware has been my bait of choice for the marble eyes.  They have a huge selection of stuff though.  Thanks for the tip.
theres never enough ,rubber that is ,if you have enough two last you another three years you must be fishing and not catching.i place an order every other month it seems like,lol bill

fishboy899

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #12 on: Jun 23, 2004, 06:40 PM »
I also like power teaser's now.  I have only found them at one bait shop near me.  The crappie just love them. :P

Jigwiggler

« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2004, 04:17 PM »
Jigs, jigs and more jigs have been really cleaning up for me this summer.  From 1/8oz. jigheads and 3" twisters to my tiniest of ice jigs depending on conditions.  About a week ago I caught a 12" crappie on a 1/2oz. skirted jig and 4" trailer fishing for bass.:o He must have been hungry!  ;D
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
« Reply #14 on: Sep 21, 2004, 05:48 PM »
Little gold trout spinner with worm teasers.

And blam-mo.
Fish on!
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.