MyFishFinder By Species > Perch

best bait and setup for perch

(1/4) > >>

kchamp:
whats everyones best bait  to catch perch and setup

troutchaser:
minnows   i  foot   under ice   on   a   good  perch   pond

fish_finder:
Just about anythng will work in the spring once you find them. I like to use a small in line spinner to find them first, then use small minnows or crawlers under a slip bobber once i find them. Early summer say mid-late june ive caught some huge ones in weedy coves with small-medium golden shiners under a big bobber.

reubenpa:
dropshot rig !!!!!   you can fish shallow or up to 100 FOW for em!!!!   just gotta change the weight of your bait

salmonrebel:
In a lot of the shallow water lakes, ponds that I go to in PA. I just toss a small piece of worm on a small treble (little pieces are all you need) with light line, either a small split-shot, or none at all, right over the side of the boat near underwater brush piles and other structure. I've filled buckets many times over, by doing that. Just don't try tossing your line against the wind with it that way, or you'll end up with bird's nests...If I'm in deeper water(say more than 10ft.), I will use a slip-bobber with the worm, or a fathead minnow, and fish it within a few feet from the bottom-on down. Maybe I should add, that most places where I fish in PA. are not that deep in the first place. If you are in deep water, by all means, those guys with the drop-shot rigs are right on the money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version