FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How Many Ontario Members  (Read 7080 times)

trapperdirk

How Many Ontario Members
« on: Mar 06, 2004, 07:19 PM »
 I would like to see how many of us are here and where your from if I can . It's great to keep a running tally as we grow .
   I'm from Burk's Falls , which is in central Ontario , 30 miles north of Huntsville and 50 miles south of Northbay .
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

fishing4life

Re: How Many Ontario Members
« Reply #1 on: Mar 07, 2004, 02:53 PM »
Hey guys,

Corey here a.k.a fishing4life, a.k.a. golf4life  anyway I'm from Bracebridge(Muskoka)  and am fairly new to the area(Nova Scotia Native).  Trapper I left a post for you on the iceshanty forum.  And If anyone else Is looking for a fishing partner come Ice out drop me a line

Cheers!!!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

trapperdirk

« Reply #2 on: Mar 08, 2004, 01:26 AM »
 Will definately do that fishing4life . Always great to fish with others and share techniques and you don't live far from me . ;D

TD

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2004, 06:44 PM »
Fishing do you do any Fly Fishing at all?
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

grumpymoe

« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2004, 07:44 PM »
welcome aboard germ and its about time!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P grump

Germ

« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2004, 06:32 AM »
Thank you Grump..I wanted to do the Fashionably late thing...FOr those of you who don't know i Live in Keswick on Lake SImcoe..1 Hour north Of Toronto...And i like to bug everyone ...SO don't take me very seriously when it comes to bugging but when it comes to Fish ill try to steer ya best i can...Tight lines all!
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

fishing4life

« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2004, 12:09 AM »
Germ,

As a matter of fact I do!  Being from out east we're only alowed to fish for Atlantic's with fly.  Also there are not alot of other species besides trout and salmon around my area.  So I found it best growing up to fish for trout using fly.  I also tied my own flys for awhile aswell.  I havn't done either(tied flys or fly fished) in about 3 years now but since I'm setteled here in ontario now I plan to do alot more starting this summer.

Cheers!!!
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Germ

« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2004, 06:20 AM »
Well get that FLyrod out and grab yourself a new leader /tippet and Get that arm ready! LOL

fishing4life

« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2004, 01:55 AM »
We'll germ,

I might be a little rusty but, It will be fun.  Do you do much fly fishing for, bass and pike?  I never have before but it sure sounds like it would be fun! 

Cheers!!!!

Germ

« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2004, 07:47 AM »
Ya i FLyfish now like 95 percent of the time during softwater .  I'll flyfish for Minnows if there is nothing else availible. I tye my own flys during the winter..And check out what works the rest of the year thru...Im not very good at the tying yet but i catch fish on them none the less. FLy fishing for Bass is a hoot...Especially when you land into a Large Mouth of 4-5 pounds...THen its time to see what your reel can do and What sounds it makes when its spinning...Ahhh the sound of a Flyrod spinning and the little droplets of water spraying off at your hands when the Fish goes for a fast Haul....TIme to palm her and bring her in....Pike are also a hoot though i don't fly for them much anymore as I really hate the buggers..I have caught way to many of them and I really DOn't care much for them myself (PErsonally that is) They stink...To many teeth ....And are a terror on the lines....Good points are that they have nice head tugs easily identified when you have one on your line and they are always good for 2 min fight:>  If your ever interested i FLy fish pretty much everything...Even Rockies They make very good practice for Brooks! TIght lines!

firstice_rules

• got to get them fishies
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2004, 10:36 AM »
i never tried fly fishing but i do like to tye flies for pan fish on my spinning rod
notin better than a perch on the end of my line!

trapperdirk

« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2004, 03:56 PM »
 Germ giving the nod towards minnows and rockies ahead of pike . Hummph . And one of Canada's premiere gamefish is said to be stinky and hated and only gives a 2 minute fight . Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
   I'm not even sure Germ knows what a pike is by these statements . It must be that he only fishes in those magazines he talks about .

TD

grumpymoe

« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2004, 08:06 PM »
trapper.. dont mean to stick my nose in this forum  ;D ;D but sounds to me, like the germ is fishing too much in HAMMERHANDLE CREEK!!! 2 minute battle??? MUST BE!!!  ::) ::) ::)  germ; wash your hands before you handle one of these toothy critters.....grump

trapperdirk

« Reply #13 on: Mar 20, 2004, 08:35 PM »
 AH Grumpymoe your never considered to be butting in on this forum and we always enjoy your input . ;D
  Now Germ I think would make a great guest on Bill Cosby's show called Kids Say The Darndest Things . LOL .
   It sure must be Hammerhandle Creek he fishes in or maybe its one of those fish ponds they have for the kids at the local fairs . It sure isn't in any of our local central Ontario lakes with their pristine waters .

TD

Germ

« Reply #14 on: Mar 21, 2004, 07:04 AM »
Now deffintily by these statement you guys have Never fished Simcoe...Pike to me are a big pain in the arse. The most pike iv'e every caught in a day are 20 and i did it in about 2-3 hours. WIth my COusin and My brother who also...Caught just nearly the same amount of pike. The norm size i usualy get is somewhere near 5-8 pounds nice days over 10 under 15. I won't eat em i Don't enjoy the smell or the Damage they put on my Lures and i don't care much for leaders they take away from the action of the Lure for the most part. I would rather Fish for Bowfin (AKA DOgfish) At least they are More tuff a better fight and dang if im going to Get my Lures messed at least those Ugly Buggers don't smell like they have been to BRANs Closet like the pike do.. And ive fished ARound Georgina Bay And up near Honey Harbour and around the islands there..Nice waters there to but i Still don't like Pike...Not going to fall for the Pure pressure boys sorry...If they were such a respectful fish then you would want them in your TRout Lakes wouldnt ya? Or your Brooks wouldnt ya? NA didn't think so...Just like the ROund GOby you would feel Infested if ya caught one there...Anyhow YOu guys can out them lil tid bits in your ol hats and smoke em! ROFL

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.