FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: How Many Ontario Members  (Read 7081 times)

grumpymoe

Re: How Many Ontario Members
« Reply #15 on: Mar 21, 2004, 03:35 PM »
germ ;D ;D ;D my alltime favourite lake trout lake is kakagi (crow) north of nestor falls, and it has huge musky AND northern pike. they get along just fine..if our paths ever cross fishing, grump will prepare a feast of boneless northern for the mighty germ.. :P :P

trapperdirk

« Reply #16 on: Mar 21, 2004, 07:37 PM »
 Strange Germ how three lakes within not much more than a stones throw from your inlaws cottage hold large populations of pike and lakers are readily available too . I have caught both in Pennisula ., Fairy, and lake Vernon . Some real dandys too in the 20 lb class .
  You drive past all three on your way to your inlaws so whats up with that ? . As a matter of fact Bryan posted a pic of a laker he caught in Vernon the week him an Rolly were up . I believe that Vernon will someday produce an Ontario or Canadian record pike and it was netted not 10 years ago when a 69lb laker was caught and released . Ask Rodger from Complete Bait and Tackle .
   I have personally already seen a 35 pound pike come out of there too . I think pike of these sizes will give you a little more of a tousle than 2 minutes .
   These three lakes are all connected too , so you can go fom one to the other .  I believe even one of our best , Mr. Izumi himself , stated to me and a few others , that he had heard the great things about Vernon and he in his words called it a sleeper of a lake that will someday produce something extraordinary .
    FISH ,fish ,fish .  Look at whats under your nose but don't discredit the pike or hate him . He's a fine fish and makes good table fare too .
   I fish all our game species throughout the year and will never limit myself to just some .

The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
« Reply #17 on: Mar 22, 2004, 07:20 AM »
Ok The Point is Well taken but My point is that Im SIck of em..........................Period....They are like the cat that came back...."TO ME" they are just a pain in the butt ...In My opinion they could be weeded out a bit more and not placed or stocked in any lake. They take over...You catch em so often that they are just a pain...They ruin my lures all the time...Even at depths i wouldnt think i would get one i still manage to because my lure has to come to my rod which will At point cross their paths....They arn't very hard to target at all.  Anyhow Im just Over=Piked in my life..I live on Simcoe and Primairly in the summer i fish it and Im sick of Pike...which is why im hard on em,...Make sense? TIght lines!
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

minnow

« Reply #18 on: Apr 23, 2004, 10:20 PM »
Hey all

Thought I'd bring this topic back to the top. Is there more ontario members than Trapper, Germ, Rolly and Brian?

I am from Ontario Between the Grand River and Lake Erie. I have not been out on the soft water yet.  how can I let work( Job and Home) get in the way of fishing.  :'( I must put an end to this responsibility. LOL

Guess all the weekends out on the ice caught up with me. 

trapperdirk

« Reply #19 on: Apr 24, 2004, 02:58 AM »
 Well there are more of us here minnow ,. We were just more at iceshanty.com and now we moved here to the open water of it  . WE ARE ONTARIO first .  You are welcome here but we do tease each other alot and never forget LOL ;D Dig in bud as we don' bite . Hope somebody got Germ .   lol ;D not really  ;D
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Busby

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2004, 05:55 PM »
Brandon here lol as the name says, iam from Toronto but have a cottage up bear bracebridge

Busby

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2004, 05:56 PM »
oh yeah heh iam 18

fishing4life

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2004, 10:06 PM »
hey Busby!

I live in bracebridge, where's you cottage at?
"If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles"

Trina

« Reply #23 on: Oct 15, 2004, 05:29 PM »
I am from NY and not the city either.  Seems I have alot of friends in Ontario....guess I am a Ontario wannbe...Guess that doesn't  count..but maybe puttting up with Trapper will get me points...What ya think???  Only kidding there Trap.........welll  maybe not...

GBFISHER

« Reply #24 on: Oct 15, 2004, 09:18 PM »
NewYork ya say... I go down to Hudson every year for stripers. Stuyvesant I think it is spelt...but what do I know. Great place. Always shows me how far behind we are up here. The thing that kills me is the great music they play on the radio down or over there should I say. sounds funny but when yer drivin what else is there to do..well trapper can might tell ya I have other things to build on the way. ;D IIIIIIIIII.......LOVE NEEEEEEW YORRRRRRRRRRRK...I wont quit my day job....promiss. ;D

TroutSlayer

« Reply #25 on: Mar 10, 2005, 12:46 PM »
Hi, I just stumbled across this forum by chance!  Looks good!

Mikepike

« Reply #26 on: Mar 14, 2005, 10:01 AM »
Haha troutslayer, you have like 300 posts on ontario forum on IS

Just waiting for the backcountry laker trip

bassjunky

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Ontario
« Reply #27 on: Mar 14, 2005, 12:32 PM »
Im a newcomer this year, heard about the site thru iceshanty, and now that im off the ice I cant wait for the open water season to gear up. Im currently located in Peterborough

Germ

• Always Planning the Next fishing Adventure...
« Reply #28 on: Mar 14, 2005, 05:34 PM »
Yep.
Seems to be the start of a year here doesnt it:> Hope to get out and Get to know a few more peeps. ANd Minnow get Brave1 on here as well wont ya? Not that WE NEED him but he does seem to Bug you more then the rest of us lol. ANyhoot Tell your hubby Where we are located will ya:>  THis summer will be a great one...ANd im sure AS we did last year on here We will probably do FIsh of the mobnth again...Was fun last year and it got people into posting more pics:> Was pretyty neat last year:> ANyhow gang ..hope to have a few more good laughs:> TIght lines:>
Please Don't be offended by Germ and his Replys ..If any comments bother you please feel free to Send me a message Thru private mail and Ill   modify anything that Seems to upset ya. Tight Lines all!

minnow

« Reply #29 on: Mar 15, 2005, 09:17 PM »
OK I am here

OH THE PAIN!!!It is hard to say goodbye to the ice :(

I am looking forward to the soft water season. Went out and checked on the boat today.
Germ.......I look forward to schooling you in the fish of the month contests LOL ;)

I will get brave1 here too!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.