FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: crappie  (Read 3617 times)

peple of the perch

crappie
« on: May 07, 2004, 12:57 PM »
 the funnie thing about crappie is that their is nothing croppie about them

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
Re: crappie
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2005, 06:28 PM »
Except that they are crappy fighters... :D

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #2 on: Mar 21, 2005, 10:46 PM »
They don't fight, but find a school and it's hand over fist action, pretty much year round. Plus they are pretty fish and man, they taste so good.

Tyler

archbishop

« Reply #3 on: Mar 28, 2005, 07:35 AM »
crappie are probably my favorite fish to eat they dont fight hard but like mackdaddy said when you get into them its fun and since most of my summer is spent with the kids fishing it keeps them interested and teaches them to handle fish and release them

August West

« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2005, 04:19 PM »
Hands down the Crappie is the ultimate fish. They are hard to find most of the year, but when you do, it's the best. The flavor makes up for the fight, or lack there of.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #5 on: Apr 01, 2005, 05:21 PM »
They fight like chubs but they taste really good. I especially like them icefishing, but I want to get a few at my local reservoir this year in open water because a mild midwinter ruined my chance to icefish it :'(

Thriller

• Take a child fishing
« Reply #6 on: Apr 02, 2005, 08:24 PM »
On my favourite crappie lake, they fight pretty decent, particularly with ultralight tackle.  Could it be that being further north, water temps might be a bit lower and perhaps they are more comfortable?  Being cold-blooded though metabolism is tied to temperature, so I don't know.

Derek

Pasquatch

• Retired MFF Mod
« Reply #7 on: Apr 02, 2005, 08:40 PM »
They fight OK, but compared to other fish of similar size, they don't really compare. On ultralight tackle, crappie fight pretty well, I enjoy fishing for them.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.