FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: rosie red minnows  (Read 13580 times)

camo_fish

• Heeeeere Fishy, Fishy, Fishy
Re: rosie red minnows
« Reply #15 on: Jul 11, 2004, 07:29 AM »
Did you know that after about 10' of water all the red light is filtered out and it appears greenish black?
Here is a link to a article on water as a selective color filter.
http://www.deep-six.com/page77.htm
Great article, thanks, that is some good info.
Fishing isn't a matter of life or death, it's much more important than that!

I live with FEAR everyday, and sometimes she lets me go fishing!

Cider

« Reply #16 on: Jul 11, 2004, 10:36 PM »
Did you know that after about 10' of water all the red light is filtered out and it appears greenish black?

Yeah, color gets really distorted with depth and available light.  That is why it is so important to understand when jigging deep water for lakers through the ice.  What you think looks good for a bucktail on top of the ice looks completely different in 70 fow!  Think about what colors look like at specific depths and you will increase your odds at catching fish as you will be choosing the best colors more often!

OTIS

« Reply #17 on: Aug 06, 2004, 01:09 PM »
Minnow, we used to buy them at Moon's bait shop when we fished Quintie.  Has anyone tried red Cajun fishing line?
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

mrcrowley138

« Reply #18 on: Jan 25, 2008, 02:17 PM »

Here is a link to a article on water as a selective color filter.

http://www.deep-six.com/page77.htm

This is true but wouldn't the fish still recognize this color as the color of blood at this depth?  It seems logical since the red represents blood and that is what triggers the response, if a fish is bleeding at 10+ feet it will appear blackish green but still be recognized as blood and illicit the same response.  I hope that make sense to everyone because I can't think of a better way to explain it.  I may be way off but it seems logical right?

luckyduck22

• Get em
« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:38 PM »
i have tried cajun red line..didnt care for it.used it in saltwater and it was about the same as regular line,there are some bad things about it tho.it was really knotty in the beginning and stayed that way for the whole trip.

tybo jones

« Reply #20 on: Apr 04, 2008, 09:10 PM »
they say cajun red line disappears in 3' of water. but they tell u to use red hooks and bleeding red baits?
the in-fisherman mag had an artical on the whole red craze. the conclusion, who knows. i think there's something to it but i also think all these tackle company's are takin us for a little ride.
If your gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough

troutaddict33

« Reply #21 on: Apr 04, 2008, 09:54 PM »
i get them mixed in when i get cup bait for perch... it seems its either hit or miss. sometimes they'll only take a couple while they hit regular colored minnows left and right. other days all theyll hit is rosie reds. depends on the day for sure. theyre worth trying. i hated them until about a month ago when its all the perch would take

Edm87

« Reply #22 on: Mar 14, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Definitely try the rosie red minnows. Despite the color they might appear in deeper water the color variation seems to make a difference. While ice fishing it appeared the rosies outfished regular fathead minnows depending on the day we were fishing.

Game Hog

« Reply #23 on: Mar 14, 2010, 10:19 PM »
variety is the spice of life.

don't knock it till you try it
Live to fish

perchpounderny

« Reply #24 on: Mar 22, 2010, 11:06 AM »
yea during ice fishing rosies worked better for me to

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor