FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: lots of boat on the bay sun  (Read 1733 times)

lavaman

lots of boat on the bay sun
« on: May 17, 2010, 09:39 AM »
was out sun on narragansett bay before this past w/e we were putting in at the ramp in providence with no boats but this w/e was totally the oposite. got there early and still had to wait in line to put in but everyone knew what they were doing and things went smoothly. came out at 1pm and boats were still coming in on the right and people coming out on the left. again nice and smooth transition out but a constant flow with no problems so again thanks.

now for the fishing news. lots of boats everywhere from sabin point to the hurricane barrier. headed south to a get a schoolie hanging around some pilings. tried trolling umbrellas with no luck.  joined in a group of boats snagging pogey and we had about 10 in the cooler when i was bring 1 in when a massive hit that almost pulled the pole out of my hand and i set the hook and had it hooked solid. started to bring it in and got 2 major runs and i was doing ok until the snap on the swivel let go. so needless to say no pics but wow i'll be thinking about that one for a while. in my defense i was using someone else's pole who had braid with a fresh water steel leader so if you happen to hook a bass with a snagging hook in it's mouth tell her i said hi.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.