FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: What gives with these lawmakers  (Read 32477 times)

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
What gives with these lawmakers
« on: Jun 30, 2010, 04:52 PM »
Heard some news today about the possibility NYS is, or will be making boaters licensing and State inspections into law. Anyone heard this one yet? And how far into the lawmaking process is it?

JustOsmo

Re: What gives with these lawmakers
« Reply #1 on: Jun 30, 2010, 05:10 PM »
Heard some news today about the possibility NYS is, or will be making boaters licensing and State inspections into law. Anyone heard this one yet? And how far into the lawmaking process is it?

I see no problem with state inspections for boats if thats what that means. Keep those oil leaking boats out of the water.

Raquettedacker

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #2 on: Jun 30, 2010, 05:14 PM »
That would not be good....  But I did hear they want to make registrations only 1 year instead of 4.....
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.....<br />Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand...<br />\"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part....\"

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2010, 05:30 PM »
Law makers? They're not "Law Makers", they're tax collectors. The budget that NY legislators want to pass includes $1 billion in new taxes. If we're lucky, Patterson will follow through with his threat to veto it.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Stormy_NY

« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2010, 05:51 PM »
We have not even begun to feel the pain coming ..... It's a done deal ..... Voting at Midnight.  Why do these scumbags always want to do there dirty work in the wee hrs of the morning.

beaver1080

« Reply #5 on: Jun 30, 2010, 06:02 PM »
 Why do these scumbags always want to do there dirty work in the wee hrs of the morning.
[/quote]

cause it's the best time for getting screwed! ;D   seriously what else can they do to take more $$$$ from us?  >:(

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #6 on: Jun 30, 2010, 08:02 PM »
We have not even begun to feel the pain coming ..... It's a done deal ..... Voting at Midnight.  Why do these scumbags always want to do there dirty work in the wee hrs of the morning.

That is how it gets past us, and we don't find out till after a bill becomes a law..... and this country is called a Democracy? My arse it is! ???

Stormy_NY

« Reply #7 on: Jun 30, 2010, 09:05 PM »
That is how it gets past us, and we don't find out till after a bill becomes a law..... and this country is called a Democracy? My arse it is! ???

A Republic, Not a Democracy....

cnypanfisher

« Reply #8 on: Jun 30, 2010, 09:19 PM »
Ah our blind governor is crap, we would have been better off with Elliot and his nonsense.

Cigarettes are going up $1.60 a pack tomorrow, and they are letting 200 staff from Syracuse schools go next year.

Every time the budget looks cruddy we get sin-taxed. You can thank the soda bottlers for getting their products avoided by the new proposed taxes. Lots of hospital bills and medicaid payments are from sugar induced diabetes patients who drink too much soda. So instead all the dumb smokers get it again, god forbid we have a stogie and a beer when we are rolling down the lake. It looks like I gotta travel to the Awkwesane res and buy smokes, I hear they have 6.00 a bag of 200 smokes. No name brand made on the res right there.

I think it's high time we legalized gambling instead of letting the nations get rich off the old farts and their SSI checks. It is hard for me to believe that we are all created equal, but I can't play blackjack at Vernon Downs, but it's OK for them guys down the road to have 20 dollars tables full every night. I just think the other places should have the same opportunities as everyone (OFF THE RES). Not to mention the popularity of poker right now, Vernon downs loses a million in taxes every week I bet, if you could "really" gamble there. Maybe the food on their buffet would be as good as The Stones too lmfao.

cny

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #9 on: Jun 30, 2010, 09:51 PM »
Funny you mention that CNY, I am a valid "Native American", (Cherokee), that could apply, and posess a card that allows me lawfull rights that I do not feel I deserve! I want to live and pay my dues just like the rest of us. And I will not use my heritage for some freebies that most with my heritage think is due and deserved....for what? Get over it Native's.....I did. I just think law makers are getting out of control with finding "new" ways of what they consider will fix our deficit's. In my opinion, they for the most part, are only finding ways to improve there own lifestyles, while we as taxpayers cut the nut! ;)

Stormy_NY

esox v

« Reply #11 on: Jun 30, 2010, 11:07 PM »
Ah our blind governor is crap, we would have been better off with Elliot and his nonsense.

Cigarettes are going up $1.60 a pack tomorrow, and they are letting 200 staff from Syracuse schools go next year.

Every time the budget looks cruddy we get sin-taxed. You can thank the soda bottlers for getting their products avoided by the new proposed taxes. Lots of hospital bills and medicaid payments are from sugar induced diabetes patients who drink too much soda. So instead all the dumb smokers get it again, god forbid we have a stogie and a beer when we are rolling down the lake. It looks like I gotta travel to the Awkwesane res and buy smokes, I hear they have 6.00 a bag of 200 smokes. No name brand made on the res right there.

I think it's high time we legalized gambling instead of letting the nations get rich off the old farts and their SSI checks. It is hard for me to believe that we are all created equal, but I can't play blackjack at Vernon Downs, but it's OK for them guys down the road to have 20 dollars tables full every night. I just think the other places should have the same opportunities as everyone (OFF THE RES). Not to mention the popularity of poker right now, Vernon downs loses a million in taxes every week I bet, if you could "really" gamble there. Maybe the food on their buffet would be as good as The Stones too lmfao.

cny
I think its great that the Oneidas are doing so well .. Instead of getting upset off at the Indians get upset off at your state government for taxing the snot out of us and making us so uncompetitive.
nobody gave a crap about the Indians until they became rich.
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

esox v

« Reply #12 on: Jun 30, 2010, 11:12 PM »
 I think it's the Unions and their big fat unrealistic deals they have worked that are sucking the life out of the state.

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Stormy_NY

« Reply #13 on: Jun 30, 2010, 11:16 PM »

esox v

« Reply #14 on: Jun 30, 2010, 11:21 PM »
Top Republican: Raise Social Security's retirement age to 70

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/106135-boehner-raise-social-securitys-retirement-age-to-70

GOOD!! It wont even be around when I get there. Thank god I was smart enough to look after my own well being. I wish I could opt out OF PAYING IN !! I don't want it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.