Poll

How Many Fishing Rods Do You Own

1-5
6-10
11-15
16-20
21-25
To Many To Count

Author Topic: How Many Fishing Rods  (Read 48108 times)

bigdave1018

Re: How Many Fishing Rods
« Reply #45 on: Mar 18, 2004, 06:46 PM »
i got down to 5 rods and 2 ice rods that i use. 2 are for pannies,2 for medium fishing and 1 combo pike and salmon rod. i wheel and deal in new and used ice lures and poles and reels so i keep well stocked in that area. i just got into the ice fishing trade because i wanted a new hobby and it nice saving my fellow fishers money by being the middle man. if  you need any ice stuff my email address is bigdave1018@ usadatanet.com tks big dave

baginwal

• MFF Mod Team
  • No Politics Just Fish!
« Reply #46 on: Mar 18, 2004, 07:39 PM »
Posted by: Cider  Aww, com'on and admit it...  When no one is looking you like to fish with snoopy!!     

Cider:  The truth is out!! ;D ;D

USMC130FE

• Team NY will RULE!!!!
« Reply #47 on: Mar 18, 2004, 08:17 PM »
Well lets see.......if I was to sell them all for a dollar each I could retire.  Oooops, forget about that,  Gander Mountain is opening in a few weeks and I'm just gonna add to the collection.  Sick I am.......and Doc say's theres no cure.........lucky me!!!  ;D
Sure the Marines are a department of the Navy........... We're the MENS DEPARTMENT!!!

bigdave1018

« Reply #48 on: Mar 19, 2004, 06:09 AM »
my email address is bigdave1018@ nydatanet.net. tks big dave

fozsey

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2004, 11:39 AM »
Cider,

The wife and I have a system, whatever I buy or she buys the other gets the same value. Its a great system and works well.

Jon

Jon,

You must have lost your noggin... :o If I did that she would need a house all to herself just to keep her stuff not to mention my bank account would never survive. My hobbies, by far outprice hers atleast $50 to $1. She doesn't know that, but I do. I think I'm with Mike on this one. She gets what she wants and I never complain. She is very smart and has a general idea, but actual $ amounts spent will never be mentioned. My toybox fund is top secret and guarded by dozens of secret codes, an army of armed gaurds, and a 140# Rot that will eat all of the evidence b4 anyone sees anything.  ;D

BTW, I only have about a dozen open water fishing rods. Out of that dozen I only use 3 on any given day. With 3 people in our boat with 3 rods a piece our 16' boat can get a little cramped. I use 2 6' med rods and 1 5' ultralight rod all the time. If I am shore fishing or something else I will bring one of my other rods as I am not as concerned about getting sand in the reels or losing them.

Esox

« Reply #50 on: May 23, 2004, 05:21 PM »
I'm somewhere in the 50 rod area........ From pan fish to shark.

genz_man

« Reply #51 on: Jul 08, 2004, 06:03 AM »
I have so many I used to give them away but now I save them for my boy when he is ready to fish. I am running out of garage space cause it is littered with tackle and rods.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #52 on: Jul 17, 2004, 11:22 PM »
9.  1 is for cats, 2 are for river trout,and 4 for bass, pike, walleye, etc. (different lenghts and whatever). I also have 2 fold up rods for backpacking fishing. They aren't very good but they are convenient and take little space and are light which is essential when hiking many miles in the 10,000ft.+ mountains.

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #53 on: Jul 19, 2004, 04:29 PM »
Eleven Open water setups and 8 ice fishing setups. I have two baitcasting setups and the rest spinning.

Tyler

ChenBassHead

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Bandito Strikes Again!
« Reply #54 on: Jul 29, 2004, 01:28 AM »
3 baitcasters
8 spinning combos
1 Salmon/Steelhead rod
2 UL spinning combos
3 ice combos (trust me, there will be a lot more this year...last year was my first year on the ice!)

-Zach

Oh yeah, just bought a new All-Star spinning rod from Cabelas...just waiting for it to get here ;D

bigdave1018

« Reply #55 on: Jul 30, 2004, 05:13 AM »
i have plenty but i bought another outfit at a barn sale last week in fair haven on west bay road. this guy had so much fishing stuff it was crazy!!!!! i bought a brand new daiwa med. light spinning rod and reel for 20$!!!!!! the reel alone [daiwa regalz2500 ] was in the bps catolog for 49.95!!!!! he also had at least 1000 lures for bass ands salmonoid fishing [some brand new] for 3 $ each. he also had 3 custom noodle rods there for 20$ each and im kicking myself for not getting them. they would cost upwards of 150$ each to buy from a rodmaker :(. it was an awesome sale. he has his ad in the wolcott shopper and usually runs from a tues. till sat .or sun. he lives in webster but owns the barn in fair haven. big dave [smiling as always] out.

fISH2WIN

• Set the hook! They aint got hands
« Reply #56 on: Sep 30, 2004, 08:14 AM »
I just went out to my office and counted them. The number was 47. I guess since I fish for multiple species I have collected quite a few. Some are technique specific. Fish2win
Please do not cast into the trees. Most of the fish are in the water

Chucker

« Reply #57 on: Sep 30, 2004, 04:26 PM »
Well, there are 5 in the car right now.  Plus some in the living room.  Plus some in the closet.  Plus the ice rods.  Plus some still at my mom's from before heading off to college in 1990.   

I checked the last option  ;D

friendly fishing

• Keep the fish on the hook
« Reply #58 on: Sep 30, 2004, 06:10 PM »
I have 15 rods all togerther  and 9 tackle boxes
River Fishing Rules

FishHawk

« Reply #59 on: Nov 23, 2004, 12:13 AM »
Well, I have about 20, half dozen ice fishing rods,  a couple of ultra light for blue gills, a couple of light weight for the kids,  a few medium weight,  a couple of stiff trolling rods.  a couple of catfish poles,  a couple of long poles for crappie rigging.  Not to mention a five gallon bucket filled with broken rods but we don't count those........
Fishing, what else is there to say?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.