FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: help  (Read 4750 times)

loveice

help
« on: Mar 09, 2004, 01:00 PM »
I have never fished for crapp at ice out how should I go about it depth,bait,night day thanks

nuke1neil

Re: help
« Reply #1 on: Mar 09, 2004, 06:20 PM »
This time of year we find them in shallow coves(6 ft) approx.The crappies are eating as much as they can when they come in there.The trick is finding the spot and being there at the right time.They seem to come in schools.Most people catch them from the shore because there is no need to use a boat at the two lakes  I go to.If you can find shoreline with cover for baitfish you are in luck.I usually use a bobber with a lead head,or a shad dart,or hook with small minnows on it.18" to 24" down.Check out the other topic on here for some good info.Also it's hard to predict a good time of day for the bite.I prefer nighttime,but sunday they were biting at 1:30 pm.

loveice

« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2004, 08:17 PM »
night time explane please

fastribs85

« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2004, 09:52 PM »
ive caught them around dusk on a  small bead head hares ear nymph behind a casting bubble
naked women and beer we got it all in here

nuke1neil

« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2004, 07:26 PM »
night time explane please
      After dark.......see the topic titled "fishing at night for crappies"

reelcharacter

• They call it fishing, not catching, for a reason
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2004, 12:04 AM »
Just an FYI here.

The topic here is actually "help". It is a new topic, started under the Crappie heading. Another topic under this same heading is "night fishing for crappies".

-RC
Email me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2004, 10:32 PM »
Crappies remain fairly deep until early April usually, so if ice out is earlier, look for them suspended in the 20 - 30 foot range. They will move into shallow coves adjacent to whatever cover they can find when the water hits the 50 degree mark.
As always, it's mostly a matter of finding them. Once found, most all year, they are usually fairly eager for the right presentation. In open water, small tubes or twisters, along with hair jigs tipped with small pieces of bait and fished under bobbers are the ticket. Small minnows also work when the water warms up a bit more, and often are the best thing to throw.

Tyler

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.