FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 623757 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #345 on: Jul 08, 2011, 05:57 AM »
That looks about as much like a mouse as you do a dignitarian ! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D

but it  catches  fish  which is  more  then you  do!  nerd  car  driver
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

surflizard

« Reply #346 on: Jul 08, 2011, 07:00 AM »
but it  catches  fish  which is  more  then you  do!  nerd  car  driver
It's getting particularly Vicious up in here this morning, "Nerd car driver" ?   You guys kill me sometimes !! :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol: :rotflol:

trapper2000

« Reply #347 on: Jul 08, 2011, 07:01 AM »
were  old  surf  but  we  have  fun

surflizard

« Reply #348 on: Jul 08, 2011, 07:34 AM »
You guys are alright Trapper, I don't care what you guys say about each other ! :rotflol:  :rotflol:

trapper2000

« Reply #349 on: Jul 08, 2011, 09:20 AM »
You guys are alright Trapper, I don't care what you guys say about each other ! :rotflol:  :rotflol:

gamma  really  ain't  a  bad  guy  ,  just that  he  drives  a   left over  soccer  moms   car  with  a  baby on  board  sticker    and   has  a  black  neck  from  to much grecian  formula..... 

Gamma Fish

« Reply #350 on: Jul 08, 2011, 10:22 AM »
gamma  really  ain't  a  bad  guy  ,  just that  he  drives  a   left over  soccer  moms   car  with  a  baby on  board  sticker    and   has  a  black  neck  from  to much grecian  formula..... 
Jealousy will get you nowhere ! ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #351 on: Jul 08, 2011, 05:35 PM »
the ugly ones work for me! :blink: :blink: :blink:  not bad for the first smallie on the new 8wt for the rivers.

Feels great doesn't it?

Here's one from today's excursion with the "KP's"

my first Salmon River Smallie ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #352 on: Jul 09, 2011, 08:43 AM »
We had a blast fishing with you yesterday RG!! Hope you had fun as well. Jr. went to bed early last night and this 'ol man wasn't far behind him!! ;) We'll plan a day or two to fish your stomping grounds soon. Great company, great day of fishing.........LIFE IS GOOD!! Jr. has moved all the flytying materials and vise to his desk in his bedroom! ;D ;) Many thanks to You and Trapper for the Inspiration of flyfishing to Josh! My hat is off to You both! :) Titelines!--KP

Did RG mention that his 1st Salmon River smallie was caught on his own custom made 3wt. rod? :bowdown:
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #353 on: Jul 09, 2011, 08:46 AM »
Hey Trap, would Grecian Formula make me look like I have more hair??? ;D I need the brown formula...not black!! GAMMA, I have a soccer mom soccer ball sticker for that van of yours from Mrs. KP's vehicle!! :w00t: Your right Trap, GAMMA ain't a bad guy!! ;)--KP ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #354 on: Jul 09, 2011, 12:02 PM »
KP,
Josh is a class "A" fly nut. He has you to thank for that.

I had a fine time stomping some new water with you guys. I'm gonna have to bring the toon up and float the river next time they let water out.I know there's more smallmouth than we found yesterday.

I kinda slept in this morning myself...had some breakfast with the "Grumpy Old Men Breakfast Club" and did some chores. That trip inspired me to try some new water tomorrow morning. Might just find us a good piece of water ;D

Thanks again,
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #355 on: Jul 09, 2011, 08:34 PM »
KP  if  in  anyway  i  helped   you  or   kp  jr    then   i'm  a  happy  man   ;D  kp   your  a  good   friend   but    more  then  that  a  GREAT  DAD  ....  no  higher  complaiment  ....  RG   ya   met  2  of  the  best        glad   you  all  had  fun..................................life  is  good

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #356 on: Jul 10, 2011, 01:16 AM »
KP  if  in  anyway  i  helped   you  or   kp  jr    then   i'm  a  happy  man   ;D  kp   your  a  good   friend   but    more  then  that  a  GREAT  DAD  ....  no  higher  complaiment  ....  RG   ya   met  2  of  the  best        glad   you  all  had  fun..................................life  is  good

Hey Trap...I got some good leads on that motor of yours, gonna get into it next week. The shop has been out of control for the last couple weeks. Worked till midnight wednesday, and One this AM.....just playing catch up.

RG, my offer still stands on that little lake. We've pulled close to 200 gills out of there, from the two times we fished it, and it still needs more cleansing!

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #357 on: Jul 10, 2011, 02:03 AM »
You never know when I might show up FM ;D Right now I'm getting ready to take my morning run, Then I'm off to a local (relatively local) stream that I've never fished. It should produce some nice smalmouth.

Trapper, Try that tent caterpillar with a curved nymph hook, black foam and grizzly hackle. They love that fly floating through the headwaters.

Adios Muchachos!

RG

KingPerch

« Reply #358 on: Jul 10, 2011, 08:12 AM »

Thanks Trap! We all work hard to be great fisherman, even work harder to be great Dad's. You, RG, SNAGGER and a few others have certainly put a lifelong smile on Josh's face with the knowledge and materials to make him a better flyfisherman and sportsman! It's guys like you that make it easier for me to help bring a youngster up into the sportman's world! Thanks for all your support!! By far... the best bunch of guys that Jr. and I can call FRIENDS!! ;) END OF STORY!! Jr. and I are loading the boat now to go harass some LMBass and rockies on Sandy Pond!! LIFE IS GOOD! :)--KP 8)

one last cast

« Reply #359 on: Jul 10, 2011, 11:33 AM »
Feels great doesn't it?

it's strange wondering if it is gonna work at all while you have it in the vise. then you get out there and tie it up and cast it and fish on!! words cannot describe the feeling. it's just great ;D ;D ;D  -olc
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.