FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 624143 times)

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #645 on: Oct 11, 2011, 09:25 AM »
when i was  at  the  stream this  morning i turned  some  rocks    just looking   i think i'm addicted  lol
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

KingPerch

« Reply #646 on: Oct 11, 2011, 04:20 PM »
when i was  at  the  stream this  morning i turned  some  rocks    just looking   i think i'm addicted  lol
In your travels of all the streams you've fished in NY... ever stop and look at the cobwebs in the tree branches Trap?? Man..alot of good trout bugs in those webs!! Jr. and I learn something everytime we venture out there!! ;)

LIFE IS GOOD!!

KP :)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #647 on: Oct 11, 2011, 04:25 PM »
Where's RG?? ;D--KP

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #648 on: Oct 11, 2011, 06:00 PM »
Been playing with my camera and nursing a bad foot. I developed Plantar Faciitis in my right foot back when I was a rabid tennis player. From time to time it flares up. Wading around the rocks and such aggravates it. So does work, it seems :-\ But then, work aggravates everything.

I hadn't run in over a week, but managed a short jaunt the past couple of mornings.Man I missed it.

It'll turn around in a couple of weeks. It always does.Till then...my feets will feel old :-\

I've been refurbishing one of my South Bend Fly reels. I'm happy with the way the main frame came out, but I'm gonna strip and redo the spool. I can't help it....it needs to be right.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

KingPerch

« Reply #649 on: Oct 11, 2011, 07:03 PM »
Well, I hope that foot gets better for when I come to town. Something about a stream behind your home that intrigues me!! :whistling: Have fun with that reel and I'm sure when you finish it, it'll be right!! ;)

Where's Trapper?? ;D And....for the record, as Trap has stated, I'm not the trouble maker ::)

KP :)

trapper2000

« Reply #650 on: Oct 12, 2011, 01:29 PM »
as  i  noted  KP  is  the   head  trouble  maker !     and  i'm here  just   fishing  alot     buddy  ,  rg  hope  ya   feel  better  soon  ,  was  worried  about  you 

KingPerch

« Reply #651 on: Oct 12, 2011, 03:47 PM »
as  i  noted  KP  is  the   head  trouble  maker !     and  i'm here  just   fishing  alot     buddy  ,  rg  hope  ya   feel  better  soon  ,  was  worried  about  you 
;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #652 on: Oct 12, 2011, 04:54 PM »
I kinda resemble Walter Brennan when I take my first steps in the morning. It's getting better.

I don't want to give up my fitness routine when the ice is around the corner. Need to be in shape to make the long hauls ;D Thanks for the good Karma guys.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

trapper2000

« Reply #653 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:20 PM »
I kinda resemble Walter Brennan when I take my first steps in the morning. It's getting better.

I don't want to give up my fitness routine when the ice is around the corner. Need to be in shape to make the long hauls ;D Thanks for the good Karma guys.

RG

karma  my _____   heres  the  keys  to  the   four  wheeler   we'll  get  out  there  one  way  or  the  other  ;D

NYtrout27

« Reply #654 on: Oct 12, 2011, 09:55 PM »
Tied up a couple simple streamers.  Marabou tail with orange & black barred saddle hackle in front w/ a cone.  I also added about 12 wraps of .020" lead underneath to help get them down.

"Nothing grows faster than a fish from when it bites until it gets away."

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #655 on: Oct 12, 2011, 10:19 PM »
karma  my _____   heres  the  keys  to  the   four  wheeler   we'll  get  out  there  one  way  or  the  other  ;D

And I was getting ready to hand my sled keys over. Beat my to the punch Trap.....your a good man.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #656 on: Oct 13, 2011, 02:33 AM »
Last year on Sodus, the sleds and atvs were useless. 8 - 12" of slush snow on top stopped them in their tracks. My wheels kept right on turning though ;D The second pic is of some poor guy who never did get his atv moving.

My load was a bit heavier going back in....but I made it ;D

RG

drowndin dots

• BOAT = break out another thousand
« Reply #657 on: Oct 13, 2011, 06:11 AM »

I remember those pics from the shanty , I wonder if snowshoes would stay on top of that gunk ?

OTIS

« Reply #658 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:07 AM »
Tied up a couple simple streamers.  Marabou tail with orange & black barred saddle hackle in front w/ a cone.  I also added about 12 wraps of .020" lead underneath to help get them down.

If you don't mind me asking, what are those tied on?  I recognise the cone head, but what is it and the marabou tied to?  A piece of tubing or a spring?
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

MoreTroutPls

« Reply #659 on: Oct 13, 2011, 07:16 AM »

I remember those pics from the shanty , I wonder if snowshoes would stay on top of that gunk ?

Yes, they do help.  They can keep your feet from sinking through the snow and slush and going all the way to the top of the ice.  That way your boots stay in the snow layer and don't sink into the wet slush.  That's good if your boots have waterproof bottoms and not-so-waterproof fabric tops like mine.  It's also easier walking if you do not sink all the way through the slush with every step. 
Everyone believes in something.  I believe I'll go fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.