FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?  (Read 624352 times)

kc

Re: Hey Fly Tiers...What's In The Vise?
« Reply #1305 on: Nov 02, 2012, 09:10 PM »
Someone will fix the image code for you. I took a look at the fly, a little blurry but from what I saw should work.

The Duke of Esox

« Reply #1306 on: Nov 02, 2012, 09:27 PM »
Thanks kc, i only have a cell phone to take photos with my man!  Something different for me. 

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #1307 on: Nov 06, 2012, 11:48 AM »
Been trying to keep the flybox full of globugs.   Even doing some tying when covering the switchboard during the receptionists' lunch break. 

perch-hound

« Reply #1308 on: Nov 06, 2012, 01:45 PM »
 A guy who gets paid for tying fly's at work!!! Way to go!! I need a job like that!!  :clapping:

RIVERRAT2

• live to fish
« Reply #1309 on: Nov 06, 2012, 02:49 PM »
Been trying to keep the flybox full of globugs.   Even doing some tying when covering the switchboard during the receptionists' lunch break. 

RED ,THATS THE WAY TO GO,that fly may work??????who knows?????
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT
try to fish 200 days a year,cut back now,age

joshjj2010

« Reply #1310 on: Nov 07, 2012, 10:47 AM »
Ive been tying some of the estez flys  wolly buggers and egg sucking leaches. I had to make the journey to bps and get some cement and more materials

Santo180

« Reply #1311 on: Dec 05, 2012, 06:42 PM »
Well I decided to learn to tie so I bought some tools and materials.  I've made about a dozen wooly buggers and working on some pheasant tail nymphs.  I have to say I have a new appreciation for flies, especially the small ones like size 22.

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1312 on: Dec 06, 2012, 01:21 AM »
Good for you! Welcome to the addiction ;D

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bigredfishing

• Screw the BS, let's go fishing.
« Reply #1313 on: Dec 06, 2012, 11:57 AM »
 I have to say I have a new appreciation for flies, especially the small ones like size 22.

It only gets better from here.  Fly tying is alot of fun, and SOOO rewarding!

one last cast

« Reply #1314 on: Dec 06, 2012, 08:00 PM »
Anyone tying up some ice flies?
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

MBrown4

« Reply #1315 on: Dec 07, 2012, 04:55 AM »
Anyone tying up some ice flies?

just tied some smelt flies ive been thinking about but ice flies start soon for me

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1316 on: Dec 07, 2012, 05:18 PM »
Haven't tied much lately. Gotta make these

Look like this

Just received some parts for the bait casters. I like them for deep perch from the boat or on the ice.

OLC, I haven't forgotten some leaders for you. The system is up and running well now. Sorry it took so long, but I get pretty fussy sometimes. It's a curse.....and a blessing.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

H.T.

• I AM PROUD TO BE AN *OPPORTUNIST*
« Reply #1317 on: Dec 07, 2012, 05:20 PM »
wow Bob. man you get into a lot of stuff ;D i dont have the patience for that. i would just go buy another new reel ;D

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #1318 on: Dec 08, 2012, 02:02 AM »
It keeps me from twiddling my thumbs HT!

Can't buy these new any more HT. They're Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 521 XLT's. They stopped making them in the early 80's I think. I have 5 of them now. 2 I've had for more than 30 years. I just received a bunch of parts to rebuild them. Mostly shims and thrust washers just to tighten them up. Nothing ever really goes wrong with them and nothing on the market today compares to them.

I can pick one up on ebay for $25 and put $10 into them to make them like new. Problem is, when I get them they're dirty as can be so I strip them down and give them a deep clean. Kinda takes me back to my gunsmithing days ;D

Anyway, they're just a great little reel.

RG

one last cast

« Reply #1319 on: Dec 09, 2012, 11:30 AM »

OLC, I haven't forgotten some leaders for you. The system is up and running well now. Sorry it took so long, but I get pretty fussy sometimes. It's a curse.....and a blessing.

RG
No problem Rgfixit. Seeing that the ice will be here soon maybe we could get together for a trip. I will have a lot of time off this winter ;D I hope everything is going well with you and your family.
Chance is always powerful. Let your hook be always cast in the pool where you least expect it, there will be a fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.