FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: The Green Jacket winner is.............  (Read 5724 times)

slipbob

The Green Jacket winner is.............
« on: Apr 05, 2004, 12:45 PM »
Okay we got a hockey playoff post here so me being a rabid golf fan I gotta ask if we have any other diehard golf fans here too.  If so you will, like me, forgo most activities next Sunday for the final round at Augusta.  Who's your pick to take the green jacket??  Will it be Phil Mickelson, Tiger Woods or maybe a European this year like Darren Clarke or Padraig Harrington.  I can't even fathom a guess at this point but I hope it's not Tiger Woods.  He's won too much I'd like to see a first time major winner this year.  Who do you think is going to win and how much of the 4 day broadcast will you watch?

vancouvercanuck

Re: The Green Jacket winner is.............
« Reply #1 on: Apr 05, 2004, 01:53 PM »
LET'S GO WEIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll second that!
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

slipbob

« Reply #2 on: Apr 05, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Weir eh!!  Yeah he's certainly a good bet eh but back to back green jacket winners are unlikely eh!!  Just kidding eh he's one of my favorites and a lefty too boot.  Phil's not the only lefty in the game especially cause phil's never won that elusive major not yet anyway but he sure has some funny new commercials Oh what will Phil do next??  He's even hanging with Wayne Gretzky on the one commercial. 

Bronzeback

« Reply #3 on: Apr 05, 2004, 02:41 PM »
Tiger is now where near the top of his game right now. Lefty (Mickleson) is lookig pretty good lately. I think it is a European's year, maybe Clarke, Gossen, or Harington. You can never count out any past champion though (Faldo, VJ, Langer, maybe even Couples) Regardless of who wins, the Masters is always exciting. I would imagine that i will watch all day on Sunday, just sporadically on Thurs-Sat though.

Bronzeback
I prefer Smallmouth with my coffee!!!!

tejag2002

« Reply #4 on: Apr 05, 2004, 03:02 PM »
golf is that something that pegs  the sinker????

howey1176

• Gone Fishin'
« Reply #5 on: Apr 05, 2004, 03:58 PM »
Hate it when the balls get dirty. ;D
Harold

shark

« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2004, 06:34 PM »
I like Mike Weir chances defending.....       But I bet its another first time winner.

Mark

Bronzeback

« Reply #7 on: Apr 13, 2004, 09:53 AM »
And the winner is................................ Lefty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did any of you watch the final round on Sunday, awesome golf from Mickelson, ELs, Choi, etc

Bronzeback
I prefer Smallmouth with my coffee!!!!

wkules

• Lookin' for EYES !!!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 13, 2004, 10:13 AM »
Yep, it was an awesome finish. How can you not feel good for Phil. After all his close calls he finally won a major!
When the tip dips......PULL !!!!
Wayne

walleye_1

« Reply #9 on: Apr 13, 2004, 10:14 AM »
One of, if not the, best golf matches I've ever seen! 

slipbob

« Reply #10 on: Apr 13, 2004, 10:32 AM »
Gotta love lefty.  What a great masters with 2 holes in one on 16 10 minutes apart.  Wow!  I was hurting for Ernie though the guy bags 2 eagles birdies by the bunch and still loses.  Oh well Ernie next time pull the 3 metal on 18.  He did what I did this weekend too with my driver, overcooked it a bit, and your heading left into the beach.  The only difference I wasn't playing in a tournament and don't care because it was only my third time out this year and the swing needs a little tweaking.   I just got home from golf Sunday in time to catch the final nine.  I wanted to watch more but it was just too nice of a day to not play golf myself.  That happens to me a lot I start watching a tournament and I'm like wait I wanna play now too and catch the highlights on the golf channel postgame.  Go Hootie for keeping the masters what it is and we didn't see much of Martha Burke this year.  Her point was pointless,  private clubs can do what they will and if you don't like it too bad.  Can't wait for the US open now and yes, walleye season too.

Muskie Matt

« Reply #11 on: Apr 13, 2004, 01:23 PM »
Won some nice prizes at the office pool. Had Lefty winning and a combined score of 279!! Guess it helps working in the golf biz.

vancouvercanuck

« Reply #12 on: Apr 13, 2004, 01:59 PM »
Watched the final round as well on Sunday. (nothing better to do waiting for the Canucks game). Anywho, it was a great match and I enjoyed it very much.
"Surveys show that minesweaping draws the most diligent and precise individuals of any profession with employees averaging only one mistake per career." - Author Unknown

shark

« Reply #13 on: Apr 14, 2004, 12:38 PM »
By the way , Weir did make it to Sunday...................to put the Green on Phil

Mark

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #14 on: Jun 12, 2004, 07:25 PM »
Don't discount Ernie....The Big Easy has been on fire.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.