FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: do you believe it?  (Read 7753 times)

Jigwiggler

Re: do you believe it?
« Reply #15 on: Aug 24, 2004, 06:47 AM »
I worked on eagle lake just east of lake of the woods and i would often get pike while catching perch during the day and eyes in the evening off the dock... It was kinda cool watcing big pigs swim around with a 12" + fish sideways in there mouth.
Also left a stringer of perch off the dock came back and there was just the heads of them there floatin around..muskie?pike? who knows...

your fathers story isnt far fetched at all!

slim

Most likely turtles if there was just heads left.  Hard to tell though, I saw a 38" northern swallow a 16" walleye on a stringer and it just laid there.  My friend pulled the stringer in pike and all.  ::)
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

slim slinger

« Reply #16 on: Aug 24, 2004, 09:25 AM »
i never seen any turtles there but there were tons of beavers...could it be posible a beaver would do that?

Slim

Jigwiggler

« Reply #17 on: Aug 24, 2004, 01:06 PM »
i never seen any turtles there but there were tons of beavers...could it be posible a beaver would do that?

Slim

I would say possible but not likely.  Beaver have been known to consume fish in small quantities but don't regularly.
May your doorknobs smell of fish!!

Hookset

« Reply #18 on: Aug 31, 2004, 01:24 PM »
I believe it was In-Fisherman that posted a photo in an issue a year or so ago.  The picture showed a 50+ inch musky with a 30+inch pike going in his mouth, head first, and out the muskies left gill.  When the Linders(?) approached, they snapped the photo and released the pike from the gill of the musky.  The musky had drown because of the pike stuck in the gill, but the pike swam away.   If I can find it at home, I'll scan it and post it.
We don't own the Earth, the Earth owns us.
US ARMY Veteran: A Battery 6/32 FA, MLRS

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #19 on: Sep 02, 2004, 10:44 PM »
that's awesome! I would like to see it!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.