FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2011  (Read 313695 times)

s10xr

Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2011
« Reply #45 on: Apr 05, 2011, 06:15 AM »
Any word on the perch bite?  Any one been out yet?
waiting for the hardwater

OTIS

« Reply #46 on: Apr 05, 2011, 06:48 AM »
Nice bullhead Spike!  I'll have to take a ride down and try my luck this week.

I'm hoping they'll get my pontoon out of storage this weekend.  I'd love to get after the perch.  This rain and wind should make short work of the remaining ice on the lake and marinas.
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

bcons

« Reply #47 on: Apr 05, 2011, 07:05 AM »
Any word on the perch bite?  Any one been out yet?
Haven't got out yet, but pay particular attention to where you spent alot of time on the ice especially end of season  ;).  From Ice out till 1st or 2nd week of June following a day of decent Sun, you'll find a temp gradient of several degrees in 100 yards.  The warmer temps by the weeds gets the bait moving around alot, the perch & eyes hang right on the edge of the temp change, come up to feed, then back down.  Isn't doesn't take much to get this to setup, then it's rare to find a bad day. 
Good luck
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Hollywood

« Reply #48 on: Apr 05, 2011, 04:57 PM »
Went over the canal in Sylvan beach earlier today- no ice in sight, the lake & the canal are really muddied up.

skunkedbywalleye

« Reply #49 on: Apr 05, 2011, 05:01 PM »
Crazy question....anyone heard from Matt at the River Rat???

Spikehorn11

« Reply #50 on: Apr 05, 2011, 06:41 PM »

I was wondering the same thing.

bcons

« Reply #51 on: Apr 05, 2011, 08:33 PM »
I've now heard from several different people, he's trying to come up with a different biz plan,  his past model wasn't working.  Hopefully he makes it into this season, but from what I gather doesn't look good.  :-\
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #52 on: Apr 05, 2011, 10:47 PM »
nice job spike. glad to hear that the bullies are in.  That sux about matt, hope he makes out ok. Looks like i might try the bullies this week. tite lines
Nice job findin em

fishing mechanic

• Wrenching to Fish
« Reply #53 on: Apr 06, 2011, 02:04 AM »
ive also heard that many engines are not recomended to use E15.  Only certain cars 2007 and newer or something.  Its suppose to be really bad for smaller motors.  they better keep 10% around at the pump but you can bet the price will go up on it just because it is a better grade of gasoline.

I still cannot believe you post crap like this. If ya have a question concerning modern fuels and what engines can handle them??? Ask me. Small motors are not an issue with E85 fuel....two cycle engines are the problem with this fuel. It has that percentage of alcohol in it which dictates two problems. One...is the lack of volatility. Ounce for ounce...straight gasoline has a higher BTU rating than alcohol, meaning it holds more energy per ounce. Second...alcohol melts all o-ring in a 2 cycle engines carb. Also allows for water intrusion in the fuel, because ethynol is "hydroscopic"....meaning it absorbs water readily.

Deadeyez

• Oneida Lake Diehard
« Reply #54 on: Apr 06, 2011, 01:38 PM »
Nice FM. That is def some good info. The lake looks great today! Very inviting! ;D Would b a good night for the bullies 4 sure.  There are alot of spots that i saw today where the rain and snowmelt are draining muddy water into alot of these bays, especially on the eastern half of the lake, north and south shores.  The bullhead bite is prob hot in those bays with all that runoff pouring in. Tite lines
Nice job findin em

tracker 1

« Reply #55 on: Apr 06, 2011, 02:21 PM »
I still cannot believe you post crap like this. If ya have a question concerning modern fuels and what engines can handle them??? Ask me. Small motors are not an issue with E85 fuel....two cycle engines are the problem with this fuel. It has that percentage of alcohol in it which dictates two problems. One...is the lack of volatility. Ounce for ounce...straight gasoline has a higher BTU rating than alcohol, meaning it holds more energy per ounce. Second...alcohol melts all o-ring in a 2 cycle engines carb. Also allows for water intrusion in the fuel, because ethynol is "hydroscopic"....meaning it absorbs water readily.
  Thanks , I have heard about the O rings, what can be done to stop it ? 2 yrs in a row I had carb problems on my old kicker. I was told we will be seeing the same problems with 2 cycle snowmobiles.  Do any of the fuel stabilizers do any good ?

fishhooksul

• Live to fish...
« Reply #56 on: Apr 06, 2011, 02:49 PM »
I haven't heard a thing ???. I wish Matt the best of luck with a new plan. later...

nightfisher

« Reply #57 on: Apr 06, 2011, 03:47 PM »
  Thanks , I have heard about the O rings, what can be done to stop it ? 2 yrs in a row I had carb problems on my old kicker. I was told we will be seeing the same problems with 2 cycle snowmobiles.  Do any of the fuel stabilizers do any good ?
   Stabil Ethanol has worked good for me so far, It's the blue formula not the red, I've got a small farm with lots of 2 and 4 cycle
equipment and have not had a problem yet, been useing Stabil in my boats for years, Got a 1994 Merc 115 that I bought new
and have never had any fuel system problems.

KingPerch

« Reply #58 on: Apr 06, 2011, 04:35 PM »
I've now heard from several different people, he's trying to come up with a different biz plan,  his past model wasn't working.  Hopefully he makes it into this season, but from what I gather doesn't look good.  :-\
Matt is working for me at the moment...He's Taking a breather for awhile. I'm not sure what direction he is going. I'll let him know you guys show concerns!! Thanks!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

KingPerch

« Reply #59 on: Apr 06, 2011, 04:38 PM »
   Stabil Ethanol has worked good for me so far, It's the blue formula not the red, I've got a small farm with lots of 2 and 4 cycle
equipment and have not had a problem yet, been useing Stabil in my boats for years, Got a 1994 Merc 115 that I bought new
and have never had any fuel system problems.
FM might want to chime in on this one...STARTRON is an additive that is supposed to help with the ethanol problems we are having. Don't hold it to me...That's why I am letting FM finish it up for me!! Thanks man!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.