FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Democrats A Threat To Sportsmen?  (Read 64616 times)

Mackdaddy21

Democrats A Threat To Sportsmen?
« on: Jul 18, 2004, 05:59 PM »
First I would like to say I hope I am not offending any democrats on this board. That is not my intent. I am rather examining something I and many of us have seen.
About two months ago, there was a public forum introducing various candidates for local, state, and US Senate and Representative seats in our are. The purpose of the meeting was to exlpore our rights as sportsmen, and the threats to these rights.
About 40 candidates attended. NOT A SINGLE ONE was a democrat. A couple were independants. The rest were republicans.
It always seems that it's democrats who cater to the extreme environmental movement. More public land was locked up to the public and had uses altered or taken from us during the Clinton Administration than any other.
I urge you on this board, if you care about your rights, do not vote John Kerry, or democrat in general. To have Kerry in office would be a disaster in my mind.
If you agree or disagree, reply to this post. I will respond in a polite manner to concerns or disagreements with various info to either uphold or rebut the statements.

Tyler

fastribs85

Re: Democrats A Threat To Sportsmen?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2004, 12:24 AM »
i have also noticed that certain things that happen with the democrats in office and its affairs with sportsman i mean we are now having problems with rendell here in pa
naked women and beer we got it all in here

missfishylicious

• smile it makes them wonder what your up to
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2004, 05:48 AM »
if you know kerry,s opinion on the environment or anything else your one up on the rest of us as far as i can tell the guy likes to keep the voters guessing but since there all liars I think I'll give kerry a chance......by the way any body read "hey dude where's my country " or have you seen Fahrenheit 911 until you do you don't have an open enough mind for me to bother talking to.and I'm talking go see it and read it yourself I'm not interested in what you've heard or think you know. ;D
I have no opinion on the subject .....yeah right

Bean

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2004, 08:11 AM »
i have also noticed that certain things that happen with the democrats in office and its affairs with sportsman i mean we are now having problems with rendell here in pa

Fastribs, Could you explain what problems in regards to your comment "we are now having problems with rendell here in pa"?  I haven't heard of any problems concerning sportsmen with the Governor.  Rendell just signed a law that helped out bowhunters by reducing the safety zone from 150 yards to 50 yards statewide( it was 50 yards in only certain areas prior to this). There are a few places that I will now be able to bowhunt that I couldn't previously.
Ken A.

TimC1086

« Reply #4 on: Jul 19, 2004, 02:34 PM »
First off, I am glad to see there is a concern about domestic issues here, not just which president will be best for the Iraqi people.  Furthermore, there is no part of John Kerry's platform or of the Democratic party's doctrine that calls for a reduction in fishing/hunting rights.  While I applaud the efforts of Republicans such as Arkansas's Mike Huckabee in their efforts to promote conservationism and outdoor recreation, perhaps the most pressing concerns which will be settled by November's elections, however, are the economy, terrorism, and rebuilding the image of America decimated  by Bush's agressiveness and war-mongering. Any proposed (And at this point purely hypothetical) changes affecting our outdoors would be secondary, and would have to pass by Congress, no small task with a legislature designed to effectively represent the best interests of the entire country.

reubenpa

« Reply #5 on: Jul 19, 2004, 05:09 PM »
yet tim c yet!!!   I agree mack
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

fozsey

« Reply #6 on: Jul 19, 2004, 09:09 PM »
MF,

What does a pudgy propagandist making a movie about something he has absolutely no clue about have to do with discussing politics with you? Farenheight 911 or 922 or 577 or whatever is a movie, nothing more, nothing less. If there are facts contained within this movie, then Mr. Moore needs to cough them up and be accountable to questions as to where his so called factual information came from. If you are insinuating that you believe all the BS that Mr. Moore has to spew, I would never waste my time trying to talk to you about it anyway. I am sorry, but I find more factual information coming from the UFO seekers than from the Hollywood left. BTW, this is in no way shape of form a personal attack on you or your views and I sincerely hope you don't take it that way. I DISAGREE, ok?  ;)

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2004, 11:28 PM »
MF,

What does a pudgy propagandist making a movie about something he has absolutely no clue about have to do with discussing politics with you? Farenheight 911 or 922 or 577 or whatever is a movie, nothing more, nothing less. If there are facts contained within this movie, then Mr. Moore needs to cough them up and be accountable to questions as to where his so called factual information came from. If you are insinuating that you believe all the BS that Mr. Moore has to spew, I would never waste my time trying to talk to you about it anyway. I am sorry, but I find more factual information coming from the UFO seekers than from the Hollywood left. BTW, this is in no way shape of form a personal attack on you or your views and I sincerely hope you don't take it that way. I DISAGREE, ok?  ;)

Awesome Foszey, I have seen the movie and the facts aren't there. The hollywood left and the demoncrats, I mean democrats, the far left ones have nothing to go on but lies and the wish to be in power. Today John Edwards said "we will make sure no other young man or woman loses his life needlessly in a needless war based on false pretenses, and especially since we decided to go it alone."
Kerry states always things like "we'll get the UN involved, we'll reach out to the international community."
The facts are, WE DID. W TRIED TO REACH OUT. The things that the democrats say are an insult to our men and women who have died in Iraq, which is a neccessary war to stop Saddam, the granddaddy of terrorists. It is an insult to the 3 million innocent people murdered by this barbarian. It is an insult to those that died in the WTC and Pentagon. It is an insult to all freedom loving Americans and to people who stand for what is right. An Insult to all who believe in helping fellow human beings (like iraqis) escape life from a modern day Hitler.
To all those who say the war was preemptive, I say BS. We were attacked by terrorists on 9/11. They started the war. When W said that you are either with us or against us, and that if you harbor a terrorist, you ARE A TERRORIST, he meant it. He doesn't bluff or play around, which is just what America needs if we are to survive the greatest threat to our country in history. Saddam both harbored and supported terrorists. Vast Training camps for Osama's men existed in northern Iraq.
The facts are simple, far left democrats care only about getting power to push a twisted agenda. They care nothing about the people or the country. They are a threat to our freedom and our security. Please vote W in the next election. Not just for our fishing rights, but for YOUR COUNTRY.

Tyler

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #8 on: Jul 19, 2004, 11:38 PM »
To illustrate how ridiculous the far left is, let me tell you what I saw on Fox News.

Some man from Texas, I forget the name, appeared on Hannity And Colmes. He is writing a book about Bush and the "liar" he is. It is mostly from distorting facts and telling fabrications.
So Sean Hannity asks him: "okay, when it was said that Saddam and his WMDs were a grave threat to our security, that saddam is a huge threat to us and to our security because of the fact of his dealings with Bin Laden, and that unfettered, he will be allowed to produce nuclear weapons. So because these things were said, your calling Bush a liar. Is that a fair assumption."

The man said, "well yes, of course."

Sean Hannity: "Okay, I am going to tell the truth right now. The fact is those quotes were made by JOHN KERRY. So now, can you call John Kerry a liar?"

The man says of course not, and won't even answer Mr. Hannity's questions. He can't because he simply has no facts no go on."

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #9 on: Jul 19, 2004, 11:57 PM »
Okay, back to the issue of how the Democratic Party can be a problem for sportsmen.  This may be simplistic, and it's my opinion and shared by many, but it is factual (if not, please tell me that each bullet below is not true, I'd sure like to believe that, and make sure that you explain just how it's true): 

1)  The animal rights activists that want to ban hunting and fishing support the Democratic Party.  They endorse John Kerry.  You can bet that the Kerry campaign is getting a fistful of dollars and then some from those fanatics.  Chances are that Kerry will throw them some tidbits, don't you think?

2)  The anti gun lobby supports the Democrat ticket and Kerry.  No guns, no hunting with guns.  What's next?  No bows, no knives and no bow hunting for anything, including carp and gar.  Geez, last I heard that was also a form of fishing.

3)  It's the liberal left agenda (again, supporting the Democrat Party) that want's to create more and more ocean perserves.  These preserves will be all over our oceans and will be (and some already are) legislated to ban both commercial and recreational fishing from those areas.  They are few in number now, but the left want more and more.  And, more and more and more and more...guess what...until there's no place left to fish.  Our tax dollars at work.  We're not talking regulating fishing, bag limits, or closed seasons, we're talking banning fishing from the oceans that God gave us to fish.  So, now no place to fish or hunt?

Let me recap, again, simplistically:

1)  No hunting or fishing.
2)  No weapons to hunt or bow fish.
3)  No place to hunt or fish.

All part of the liberal left agenda - who support the Democrat Party.  Beware.  Some day your children will inherit this fight.  Let's at least hold them off a few more years.

Vote Republican.  None of these threats support the Republican Party.  Are the Republican Party policies perfect?  Nope, they need some work.  But at least they aren't as great a threat to our outdoors heritage as what the liberal left has in store for us.  Write the President and your congressman so that they have our best interests at heart.  The more people that write, the more that gets done for us.  We have to be heard.

fozsey

« Reply #10 on: Jul 20, 2004, 06:50 AM »
Kevin,

I agree and disagree with you. I don't see this so much as a Democrat, Republican issue. Traditional Democrats like John Kennedy, and FDR would have never allowed this kind of illogical nonsense to happen. It isn't just related to sportsmen either. It involves every aspect of our lives from what kind of car we would be allowed to drive to having all of our guns melted down and made into costume jewelry. Just this week there is a fight going on regarding what to do with the assault rifle ban and the xtra capacity magazine ban. The Democrats and specifically Ted Kennedy want to continue with the ban. The entire Republican party has endorsed letting it expire. While I don't particularly see a need for an "Assault Rifle" in my immediate life, I will promote the right to own one if you are legally able to do so.

There are several democrats that I have a lot of respect for and support, but unfortunately they don't represent my state. One is Joe Lieberman. IMO, Mr. Lieberman is first class all the way and although he will never be supported by the democratic party for president, I believe he would make a fine president and continue fighting for the principles that our country was founded on. There are several political figures in this country that are a disease to our fundimental human rights and liberties and will stop at nothing to see their agendas carried out. One obvious one is Hillary Clinton. Did anyone notice how she removed herself from the presidential campaign when it became apparant that John Kerry might just have a chance to win in November? That would spell death to Hillary so she stopped promoting John Kerry. Sorry guys, but she wants GW to serve another term for her own personal selfish reasons.

Again I don't think this is a Democrat, Republican issue. It is a Far Left Wing political agenda issue and all of those people just happen to be Democrats or supporting ceritan members of the Democratic Party.

Kevin,

I went back and reread your last post....Thats what I get for skimming. I changed my mind. I agree with you..... ;D

missfishylicious

« Reply #11 on: Jul 20, 2004, 07:45 AM »
MF,

thats why I said read the book there are foot notes .were hw got his info and it all adds up as far as I can tell..so read the book fozey ,then we'll talk OK?

missfishylicious

« Reply #12 on: Jul 20, 2004, 07:55 AM »
To illustrate how ridiculous the far left is, let me tell you what I saw on Fox News.

Some man from Texas, I forget the name, appeared on Hannity And Colmes. He is writing a book about Bush and the "liar" he is. It is mostly from distorting facts and telling fabrications.
So Sean Hannity asks him: "okay, when it was said that Saddam and his WMDs were a grave threat to our security, that saddam is a huge threat to us and to our security because of the fact of his dealings with Bin Laden, and that unfettered, he will be allowed to produce nuclear weapons. So because these things were said, your calling Bush a liar. Is that a fair assumption."

The man said, "well yes, of course

Sean Hannity: "Okay, I am going to tell the truth right now. The fact is those quotes were made by JOHN KERRY. So now, can you call John Kerry a liar?"

The man says of course not, and won't even answer Mr. Hannity's questions. He can't because he simply has no facts no go on."

did Hannity back up his statement ,with proof that John Kerry made those statements, and wasn't quoting bush at the time .for that matter can you back that up with fact
read "hey dude were's my country and follow up the footnotes theres proof that Moores statments are fact

missfishylicious

« Reply #13 on: Jul 20, 2004, 08:00 AM »
Okay, back to the issue of how the Democratic Party can be a problem for sportsmen.  This may be simplistic, and it's my opinion and shared by many, but it is factual (if not, please tell me that each bullet below is not true, I'd sure like to believe that, and make sure that you explain just how it's true): 

1)  The animal rights activists that want to ban hunting and fishing support the Democratic Party.  They endorse John Kerry.  You can bet that the Kerry campaign is getting a fistful of dollars and then some from those fanatics.  Chances are that Kerry will throw them some tidbits, don't you think?

2)  The anti gun lobby supports the Democrat ticket and Kerry.  No guns, no hunting with guns.  What's next?  No bows, no knives and no bow hunting for anything, including carp and gar.  Geez, last I heard that was also a form of fishing.

3)  It's the liberal left agenda (again, supporting the Democrat Party) that want's to create more and more ocean perserves.  These preserves will be all over our oceans and will be (and some already are) legislated to ban both commercial and recreational fishing from those areas.  They are few in number now, but the left want more and more.  And, more and more and more and more...guess what...until there's no place left to fish.  Our tax dollars at work.  We're not talking regulating fishing, bag limits, or closed seasons, we're talking banning fishing from the oceans that God gave us to fish.  So, now no place to fish or hunt?

Let me recap, again, simplistically:

1)  No hunting or fishing.
2)  No weapons to hunt or bow fish.
3)  No place to hunt or fish.

All part of the liberal left agenda - who support the Democrat Party.  Beware.  Some day your children will inherit this fight.  Let's at least hold them off a few more years.

Vote Republican.  None of these threats support the Republican Party.  Are the Republican Party policies perfect?  Nope, they need some work.  But at least they aren't as great a threat to our outdoors heritage as what the liberal left has in store for us.  Write the President and your congressman so that they have our best interests at heart.  The more people that write, the more that gets done for us.  We have to be heard.

what does the republican party do for your hunting and fishing rights ? just curious

missfishylicious

« Reply #14 on: Jul 20, 2004, 08:06 AM »
fatboy fatboy fatboy

I can't believe you don't see that the only saveing the cod industry is the fact that they've set aside a few places were the trawlers can't go in and rape the oceans of all life .what will it hurt to have a few places were they can't fish we have a few national parks were you cant fish and hunt ...after all the animals have to have a place to breed

come on your mind is closeing here

did you see the movie yet ? the book backs up the facts in the movie .I haven't finished it yet, so I can't say it backs up all the facts yet

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.