FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Democrats A Threat To Sportsmen?  (Read 64610 times)

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
Re: Democrats A Threat To Sportsmen?
« Reply #255 on: Sep 19, 2004, 07:51 AM »
Well Miss Fishy, I saw Fahrenheit 911 finally.  Intesteresting movie, but did you notice when he did the interviews in Iraq and Afghanistan that he only showed interviews that favored his point of view?  You'd think with President's popularity in the polls with the military that you'd find a few of them that support the President.  And also, with regard to the Iraqi people, you'd also find a lot of them that are glad that we went in there.

About the Bin-Ladin family and Bush relationship, I believe that each President in recent memory considered that family their friends simply because the Saudi Arabian nation was one of our strongest allies over there.  Now, if what Moore said was true that the relationship between those families was the reason that we went to war, then you'd think that Saudi Arabia would have let us use their air bases like they did during the first gulf war, wouldn't you?

Almost ever other Bush bashing point brought up in the movie was either not compelling or falsified.  The paperwork on his military record that he claimed that he obtained is questionable at best, especially since those records have been sealed since the 70's.  But still, all of the things that call his military record into question really have no bearing on his ability to lead others (i.e. the argument that his Dad tried to have him protected from service in Nam).

And yet, the Bush hating community won't have their minds changed by my opinions, I realize that.  To each his own.  In summary about the movie, I watched the entire thing but really didn't feel that it was much entertainment value and more than listening to either Kerry or Daschle speak in public :P

rodger

« Reply #256 on: Sep 19, 2004, 10:50 AM »
first off let me say i am a democrat. i would not vote for anyone from mass. who is a friend  of ted kennedy. remember the canal and the lady who died in it. remember shumer, clinton finefield and the rest of the liberals. they have there own agendas and that is to screw you and me. God bless america. God bless our children and remember the only ones for murdering children with abortion are the living. if peple can take a life they can also take your guns ,semi auto shotguns rifels and others. if you are charged with a crime and found not guilty of the crime but could have been they still do not have to sell you a gun. if you get in a argument with your spouce or boy or girl friend and charges are filed guilty or not you lose your rights. let the party of dems get back to takeing care of the people once again lile hubert humphrey or walter mondale or as many of the old dems. were. i almost throw up over junk movies and junk books trying to destroy anyone who doesnt jump on there bandwagon. you can thank God the wars with the arabs are being fought elsewhere. we need one in this country and a lot of gutlas rats would change there minds about god and country. you stick with the rats of this world and sooner than later you become one of them. back to fishing there are people who think its crule to use nightcrawlers as bait or to hook a fish or kill a cow or a chicken. wake up fellow sportsman and bag kerrey and send him back to the liberals. the only thing he will do is give the liberals more of a platform.  sorry if i offend  anyone but if we dont stand together than we will fall.                      God bless     rodger woods

fishin_musician

• Stupid's the New Awesome
« Reply #257 on: Sep 19, 2004, 11:14 AM »
Well said Rodger! You and your brother Dems should take back your party for the good of our political system. We need a healthy responsible Democratic Party in this two party system.
Fm
Life is Good on the Susky!
Date Registered:   Mar 04, 2004

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #258 on: Sep 20, 2004, 08:55 AM »
This has got to be one of the most interesting threads on this site and it isn't directly about fishing!  I like what C*der (spelling modified to protect the innocent  ;D) quoted but won't comment since I don't want to face the wrath of a particular government agency :o!  By the way, I tried to cancel my IRS subscription and have my name taken off their mailing list but it didn't work!

As for liberals, their worst enemies are the facts because they destroy every liberal argument that exists.  That is the problem with the Democratic party of today, LIBERALISM!  The Dem's have been slipping into the abyss of Liberalism since JFK.  If fact if you look at JFK's record he would be closer to a conservative Republican than today's Democrat.  He was the last Dem President to cut taxes.  He believed in a strong military and was not cutting defense budgets.  He got us involved into Vietnam war and used force to confront the Soviets over Cuba.  He was a supporter of the Second Amendment and a friend to big business (remember the space program).  Since JFK the liberals have gotten a strangle hold on the Democratic party and destroyed it.  If you listened to Zell Miller's speech at the RNC you would see that he was condemning the current state of the Democratic party as much as he was endorsing President Bush.  The Democratic party hasn't always been a bunch of liberal knotheads, but that is what we have now and until it changes their political clout will continue to erode.  America in general has become disgusted with liberalism and is slowly moving more to the right hence the spread of Conservative Republicans in formerly Conservative Democratic regions.

One final thing on gun control, Ted Kennedy's driving has killed more people than every private gun I personally know of!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

TimC1086

« Reply #259 on: Sep 21, 2004, 09:25 PM »
Right, because Laura Bush neevr killed anyone while driving. Voting for kerry is as much a vote for teddy as voting for george is for his wife. ted kennedy isnt going to be presdient (Sadly).

devil-man

« Reply #260 on: Oct 13, 2004, 10:01 PM »
Democrats are not a threat to this sportsman.
The republican guy is making my head hurt, though, from laughing so much.
I just watched the final presidential debate.

slipbob

« Reply #261 on: Oct 15, 2004, 08:40 AM »
Democrats are not a threat to this sportsman.
The republican guy is making my head hurt, though, from laughing so much.
I just watched the final presidential debate.

I watched it too.  The best part was the big ole spit ball in the corner of dubya's mouth.  I finally had to turn away because it was difficult to listen to him talk and see the spitball growing.  You would have though someone would have motioned to him to wipe his face but anyhoo I think after all that I still have to vote for the only guy who actually cares about the US citizen and our best interests.  Ralph Nader.  ;D  Bush and Kerry suck.  Go Ralph. 

shrub

• It Aint Easy Being Fat and Greasy
« Reply #262 on: Mar 28, 2005, 04:57 PM »

One final thing on gun control, Ted Kennedy's driving has killed more people than every private gun I personally know of!
i'l give up my guns when Ted Kennedys body gaurds give up theirs
She said that if i go fishin one more time she was gonna leave me....whell im gonna miss her!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.