FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Poachers Go To Prison  (Read 41257 times)

Gamma Fish

Re: Poachers Go To Prison
« Reply #270 on: May 19, 2011, 07:20 PM »
hate  to  say this  but  new  cars  last  longer  then older  cars  and  thats a  fact
100,000  miles  was  considered  a lot on a  car  in the  60's  early  70's  now  it's  nothing  , i'm no  expert  but i think  between improvements  in oil  and  computor  controled  cars   last  longer
Ya Think ?  ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D
Plastics are Fantastic !

1fish@atime

« Reply #271 on: May 20, 2011, 08:26 AM »
Unless your talking about the Chrysler slant 6.  I had a Duster..'73 that had 90,000 on it when I bought it. I drove it for another 150,000, and traded it, along with the 340 I took out of my Duster Demon for a Ramcharger.  Last I knew that old original slant 6 was still going. My Demon blew up in a few months after putting the  460 out of the Ramcharger in it. (but I wasn't easy on that motor in either vehicle... :P)
Biggest problem I'm dealing with today is the fact that people think because the "blue book" says the thing is worth X amount it is. Most are worth 1/2 to 3/4 of that.   :o

Flukeman

« Reply #272 on: May 20, 2011, 10:02 AM »
I have owned a lot of vehicles especially from the 60's and 70's. Chevy inline sixes were good for 200,000 miles all the time and got 20 mpg back then. We had a Olds 350 that had 225,000 and got 23 mpg. Those mpg were all with 2bbl carburetors. Imagine what you could get out of them with todays refinements. My dad had two Chevy trucks 79 and 85 with 350's that got 300,000 miles on them and he was the worst for maintenance ever. All the cars had personality back then too.

The best things about the new cars are the steering systems and the comfortableness of the seats.

It is such a sham what the auto industry (big 3) does with mpg, they could do much better, but refuse too. And it is getting so you can hardly find just a basic car on a lot anymore. They have 30 gizmo's and trinkets you don't need to justify the prices they charge, and they all look the same to boot.

I switched to Toyota. You can buy a basic model, they run to 300,000 miles, and their paint doesn't look like it washed out or peeled away after 5 years.

JBoggey1

• Who would want to read the New York Times?
« Reply #273 on: May 26, 2011, 03:35 AM »
Hey guys, when will we get an update on those poachers? Any sentencing on the other two yet?

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #274 on: May 26, 2011, 04:54 AM »
the  governor  signed the pardon  5  minutes  before  the  exacution  was to take  place ,something about  the sentence  didn't fight the  crime  ::)
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

tracker 1

« Reply #275 on: May 26, 2011, 08:42 AM »
the  governor  signed the pardon  5  minutes  before  the  exacution  was to take  place ,something about  the sentence  didn't fight the  crime  ::)
  Good one trapper   LMAO

WANNABFISHIN

« Reply #276 on: May 26, 2011, 08:50 AM »
I know this probably  isn't possible but I swear... that if I got fuel and left my truck running the check engine light would come on. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:  I have a code reader now !!
its possible, found out quite a few vehicles do this
the light comes on superduty and trailblazer if you leave it running or forgot to tighten the cap

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #277 on: May 26, 2011, 06:20 PM »
the  code  will be a  large  evap  leak  ....  if  you  get a  small  evap leak  code  that  can suck  tracing  it   :(
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2011, 09:05 AM »
hate  to  say this  but  new  cars  last  longer  then older  cars  and  thats a  fact
100,000  miles  was  considered  a lot on a  car  in the  60's  early  70's  now  it's  nothing  , i'm no  expert  but i think  between improvements  in oil  and  computor  controled  cars   last  longer
yeah your right they do, it also takes 6 hrs to change the spark plugs now, on my buddys trans am you have to drop the motor out, and when i say drop it out i mean drop not lift

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.