FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Poachers Go To Prison  (Read 41252 times)

eyedoktr

Re: Poachers Go To Prison
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 03:59 PM »
Execute them. They're guilty so no appeals, no jail. Public execution would be best.
Pete Lewis

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 05:02 PM »
now executing someone for keeping to many fish may be just a little overkill. but a nice 10,000 fine would sufice quite well! and community service would just be icing on the cake. these guys need to learn there are stiff penaltys for this kind of wild life abuse. they learn when you make them work there butts off!

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2011, 05:07 PM »
yup i agree tracker1! make them clear trails and clean out the latrines. make them do the crappyest jobs available. and it wouldent cost the taxpayer to punish them. and honeys bait and tackle is a great little shop and ive alwaysthought of leoanord as a good guy. but i guess you never now. :-\

surflizard

« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2011, 05:24 PM »
Public service works as a deterent in Arizona ! Sherif Joe Arpio Reintroduced the chaingang and it still works !! The convicts court fines are steep enough to cover court costs and they have to work it off if they can't pay the fines ! The prisoners are used for private and public work. The work that the convicts do for the big ag companies creates their food supply and enough income to run the system independently without taxpayer support !! This system doesn't Coddle the convicts, It makes them work !!

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2011, 05:29 PM »

agree 100 percent with gamma on this, can you believe it

adam2000

« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2011, 05:30 PM »
my  post  got ate  lol  ...bottom  line  the  artical  said  they  sold a  total  of  less  then  4  grand  in fish !  so  we as tax  payers  should  pay a  min of  330  grand   to jail them  ,pay  the  court  system and  appeals ,pay  for there  court appointed attornys , pay  for  the local  state  law  enforcement ,pay  for  the FBI,pay  for  welfare  for there  familys  pay  for parole  after  and   welfare till they get on there feet  ....and  you think  this  is  a good deal???????   this is  stupid  is what it is.....  but  we  don't have the  money  to  balance a  budget  or  keep  the  parks  open ....and  in NH  don't they  toss  perch  on  the  ice  anyways  ???? :rotflol:
i agree with trapper too

KingPerch

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2011, 05:49 PM »
well i say hit them with a gigantic fine and i mean huggge. then make them do community service with the dec to help maintain trails and road upkeep! make them work there butts off so they understand how much time,money and effort goes into upkeeping
our land and waters! i dont think prison is the answer for this kind of illegal activity. they wont learn and we wont bennifit from it one bit as sportsman.
Best of the BEST right here!!! Good call BML!! Make them work 12-16 hour days and force feed them what hard work really is!! God knows mine and many others on here backs ache everyday.....I have two kids of my own to support and bring up right in this world. Definitley don't want to have to support any other that want to continuosly break the law!! Real sad!!

The parents of these poachers should be slapped, physically, for not showing these kids what is right and wrong!!

Everybody here has some real good posts and info to share!!--KP 8)
“I’ve never met a Perch I didn’t like!! 😎

Time spent fishing is not deducted from one’s life span

adam2000

« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2011, 05:52 PM »
Best of the BEST right here!!! Good call BML!! Make them work 12-16 hour days and force feed them what hard work really is!! God knows mine and many others on here backs ache everyday.....I have two kids of my own to support and bring up right in this world. Definitley don't want to have to support any other that want to continuosly break the law!! Real sad!!

The parents of these poachers should be slapped, physically, for not showing these kids what is right and wrong!!

Everybody here has some real good posts and info to share!!--KP 8)
yup only the thing they will learn is prison is to not get caught next time, or they will realize its much more profitable to smuggle drugs and guns not fish

gotabig1

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2011, 05:53 PM »
I am a believer in alternative sentencing, its too expensive for taxpayers to put these guys in some federal prison. I think they should pay large fines and have to do an ass load of conservation related community service. It's no wonder the Fed is 14 trillion in debt. The whole system is upsidedown, from the way we allow the Chinese to walk all over us to the screwy federal sentencing guidelines.  

adam2000

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2011, 05:58 PM »
I am a believer in alternative sentencing, its too expensive for taxpayers to put these guys in some federal prison. I think they should pay large fines and have to do an *** load of conservation related community service. It's no wonder the Fed is 14 trillion in debt. The whole system is upsidedown, from the way we allow the Chinese to walk all over us to the screwy federal sentencing guidelines.  
you mean we shouldnt be giving money to every other country that has something bad happen to it? i thought that was a good idea, help every other country with its problems but ignore ours, hey japan and thailand your welcome for our help, oh by the way thanks for all the help everyone gave us during the whole new orleans flooding

bluemountainlaker

• just one more cast!
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2011, 06:15 PM »
we should make the state read this thread! maybe they could learn something

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2011, 06:39 PM »
have  these  guys actually  been convicted  yet ???? and  what  these  guys were caught  selling  was  paid $521, $821 and $1,357 for  the  fish  thats  less  then a 1000  bucks a  piece ????? 5 years  for a grand in perch  but  we  let  voilant  criminals  go  with less time  ,  drunk  drivers    which kill  people  are  usually  only  fined this  isn't  justice  this  is a  witch hunt  ....... 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

adam2000

« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2011, 06:57 PM »
5 yrs really, thats ridiculous, mahoney got 10 WEEKENDS, are you kidding me

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2011, 07:07 PM »
thats  what i'm saying  adam  this  isn't  justice  this  is a witch hunt  ......
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

esox v

« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2011, 07:33 PM »
   The vehicles they were driving were fairly new and not Kia Rio's !    One was a brand new Chevy pick up, another was a late 2000's Lincoln Navigator !
  (Esox V knows the Red Chevy truck and it's owner)      
 For the life of me I can not recall who that is in the red truck ??
   I ran into some guys in a 60 thousand dollar crew cab  truck that were staying in a hotel up on the Larry to catch and sell perch...When I showed up to the wall to fish I said whats the deal with everyone bringing their padded chairs from home... come to find out they had stolen them from the hotel.... Because the beds weren't comfy enough.. Nice
 Here's what I don't get ??  Unless you live in Pulaski or drive a moped... how the heck you could make any money selling perch down here without breaking the law.

"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.