FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Poachers Go To Prison  (Read 41262 times)

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
Re: Poachers Go To Prison
« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Without reading any of this topic I'm gonna summarize it from experience as a Mod.

2 pages of "Hang Em and Hang Em High"
1 page of  "Oh they're not that bad"
1/2 page of "The dirty dirty cops set them up"

And 1/2 page of "Maybe I was right, Maybe I was wrong"

How'd I do?

RG
lmao

esox v

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2011, 08:37 PM »
i would think it's close to 50/50 and no dirty cop posts that I remember....
"There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetrated
under the shield of law and in the name of justice."
--Charles de Montesquieu (1689-1755)
For tyranny to work some idiots are required…

The most dangerous thing any nation faces..  is a citizenry capable of trusting a liar to lead them....

Gamma Fish

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2011, 08:53 PM »
I hate to admit but i no the father and son and they have been caught many times with slaps on the wrists and no they were not perch they were crappies. the money they were paid were for a weekend. As long as you have a vt licence honey will buy um
I'm glad you brought this to the attention of the "It's OK to poach fish" crowd in here !    Honey's has been breaking the law for years buying crappies from people with a Vermont fishing license while fully knowing that they were not fishing in Vermont nor were the crappies coming from Vermont !   Talk about acting ignorant ! ::) ::) ::)   So, now that we know the fish were crappies, does that change anyone's view or do you still feel sorry for these helpless, pitiful poachers who're trying to feed their families ? ::) ::) ::)
   Even if it was perch, these guys are repeat offenders who will always be fish pirates !    Hang em' High .....in the hot sun and stuff Burger King french fries in the ears, nose and mouth so the seagulls feed from their heads !  :evil: :evil:

PS: Also...ban the sale of Rock Bass ! :evil: :police: :flag: ;D

Plastics are Fantastic !

bcons

« Reply #63 on: May 11, 2011, 09:01 PM »
Agreed! Saquile posting who will buy fish regardless on a public board will only encourage others to try. 
End the sale of Rock Bass?  People actually want those?  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

Gamma Fish

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2011, 09:18 PM »
Agreed! Saquile posting who will buy fish regardless on a public board will only encourage others to try. 
End the sale of Rock Bass?  People actually want those?  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
Kind of doubt that !   They said that Honey's did nothing wrong BUT....they lied !    More info will be released on this soon !      Honeys is a high volume bait/tackle shop.  They've been in the trade of selling illegal fish for years by using the alibi that everyone who sold them crappies had a Vermont license.  Ignorance doesn't work in court !    They knew that the percentage of crappies coming through their door were from the NY side of Champlain and waters from other states where it is illegal to sell crappies.
  Taking Honeys out of the picture will greatly decrease the amount of black market crappies that get bought and sold !

As far as the rock bass go, you'd be amazed at what some of these fish mongers peddle to the unsuspecting public  ::) ::)
Plastics are Fantastic !

tracker 1

« Reply #65 on: May 11, 2011, 09:24 PM »
Arthur Shawcross killed 2 boys in Watertown area. He received a 12 yr Sentence. How is that for justice.   Man something is screwed up when that happens.

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #66 on: May 11, 2011, 09:45 PM »
theres   sponsores  of  this  site  that  buy  fish  ....  you  do  realize  when  you  buy  a  fish  sandwich  at  mc  donalds   someone   caught  and  sold  the  fish  ...also  if  you   take  the  time  to  check  the  dec  will tell  you  regulated   buying  and  selling  fish  is  healthy   for  the  population  and  that   our  fresh  water  fishery  is  healthier  then  ever  before  .....now  you  can act  like all the  peta   jerks  ya all complain about  or    you  can actually  use  your heads and  check out what i'm saying .....call the  dec!!!!  use  your  heads and  not emotionalism  like   friends  of animals  ....i sell fish , plain and  simple  ....it's  legal ,it's  moral, and  there are  people  that  enjoy  a  bullhead  dinner  or  perch  dinner  that  can't  or  don't  fish  ....people  that  sell  fish  spend   money  in  local  econmys  tey  support  the  DEC  threw  lic fees  ,launch fees  and  taxes.....  and  i  have  never  had  a  ticket  for  anything  period  ,i  support  area stocking  programs   volinteering  my  time  ,i  support   taking  area   handycapped  and  children  fishing  .....  you'd  be  surprized  at  how  many  people  using  this  forum  sell fish and   don't  say a word  ..... i sell em  ,i  ain't ashamed  that  i  freeze  or  roast in a  boat  to  pay  the  gas bill

life  is  good  don't  judge  people 

trapp
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

Gamma Fish

« Reply #67 on: May 11, 2011, 09:59 PM »
theres   sponsores  of  this  site  that  buy  fish  ....  you  do  realize  when  you  buy  a  fish  sandwich  at  mc  donalds   someone   caught  and  sold  the  fish  ...also  if  you   take  the  time  to  check  the  dec  will tell  you  regulated   buying  and  selling  fish  is  healthy   for  the  population  and  that   our  fresh  water  fishery  is  healthier  then  ever  before  .....now  you  can act  like all the  peta   jerks  ya all complain about  or    you  can actually  use  your heads and  check out what i'm saying .....call the  dec!!!!  use  your  heads and  not emotionalism  like   friends  of animals  ....i sell fish , plain and  simple  ....it's  legal ,it's  moral, and  there are  people  that  enjoy  a  bullhead  dinner  or  perch  dinner  that  can't  or  don't  fish  ....people  that  sell  fish  spend   money  in  local  econmys  tey  support  the  DEC  threw  lic fees  ,launch fees  and  taxes.....  and  i  have  never  had  a  ticket  for  anything  period  ,i  support  area stocking  programs   volinteering  my  time  ,i  support   taking  area   handycapped  and  children  fishing  .....  you'd  be  surprized  at  how  many  people  using  this  forum  sell fish and   don't  say a word  ..... i sell em  ,i  ain't ashamed  that  i  freeze  or  roast in a  boat  to  pay  the  gas bill

life  is  good  don't  judge  people 

trapp
KEY WORD....LEGALLY !     I have no problem with selling fish if the laws are being followed !    Break the law and I'm putting on the hat :police: :police:
  Break the law and you're infringing on everyones rights !
Please don't believe or try to push the theory that a few people selling their fish are responsible for the healthy panfish populations we have today !
  Back in the 80's when 8 out of 10 fishermen sold their fish, in no way was the population of big, healthy panfish comparable to what it is today !
   Society and the unethical behavior of many modern day fishermen has taken a turn for the worse over the past 10 years.
  Back in the 70's and 80's, it was mostly people who worked construction who got layed off in the winter who caught and sold fish to suppliment their unemployment checks and I had and have no problem with that !   Today, the majority of people who sell their fish are blatant, unlawful, unethical dirt bags who if 50 of them were put together, their brains wouldn't make up 1/10th of a Cornell marine biologist, scientist or research worker who's long hours and years of hard work are responsible for the great fishing we have today !
   Matter of fact, the lowly Zebra mussel has more to do with the great fishing today than any hook and line commercial fisherman !  ;)
Plastics are Fantastic !

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2011, 01:51 AM »
How could I have forgotten ....

1 page of "To Sell Or Not To Sell, That Is The Question?"

My closest friend goes to Vermont every year to fish with a group of his friends and relatives. They sell their fish to help pay expenses. They're all around the 70 mark and are the most self regulated group you'll ever meet.

Like anything, 2 criminals make everyone look bad. Society always pays for the criminal's acts. Criminals will always be criminals.

RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

bcons

« Reply #69 on: May 12, 2011, 05:43 AM »
Trapper, I certainly never meant to imply I was attacking sale of fish, only passing on info or promoting ways to do so illegally.  I know a few "perch pros" during the winter.  The way I look at it, if someones laidoff or nearly laidoff for the winter, & they would rather fish than sit on the couch complaining for 4 months, and they put a few bucks in their pocket for beer, bait, & gas than more power to 'em.    For the most part I'm a "To each his own" believer.  Except when it comes to idiots doing something that make us all look bad.
I was berated for fishing & asked recently by a PETA type.  You don't keep fish do you?  I responded "No I don't like aquariums. I just treat them like a quick haircut, & take a little of the sides"

JBoggey1

• Who would want to read the New York Times?
« Reply #70 on: May 12, 2011, 07:00 AM »
Rg, ain't that America? Land of the free. And a chance for everyone to pipe in there 2 cents. You don't get to read this ebb and flow in the newspaper do you? Thank God for the website. It is particularly inciteful as to the type of guys you are fishing with or whom you choose to fish with in the future, a window into their souls as it were.  So, in short my friend, do not despair, there is a time, a place , a rhyme a reason for everything under the sun.

adam2000

• theres beer down here we cant forget
« Reply #71 on: May 12, 2011, 10:08 AM »
off topic a little but i know gamma will know the answer, when they sell the fish where do they go? ive seen plenty of bullhead dinners on menus around cny but never perch, i know 25 yrs ago me and my dad would go to canada and catch crappies and sell them, but where would they go?

trapper2000

• live the dream...........wear it!!!
« Reply #72 on: May 12, 2011, 11:29 AM »
most  perch  go  mid  west    gills   north along  with  rock  bass  ....many  panfish  are  sold  in  fish  markets  in areas  with  high  populations  of  minoritys  also ...buffalo  rochester  new  york  city  ......  also  alot  of  fish  are   sent  to  fulton  fish  in new  york ......  so what would  you rather  be able to  buy fresh perch and  gills  or talpia?????
 gamma  those in glass houses  shouldn't throw  stones  :rotflol: you  can't  fool me  budddddddddddy 
you can destroy buildings  you can't  destroy the  american spirit

OTIS

« Reply #73 on: May 12, 2011, 01:06 PM »
Tilapia are NASTY! :-X :P
'If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -- Ronald Reagan

'Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.' -- Ronald Reagan

adkbrookie

« Reply #74 on: May 12, 2011, 01:23 PM »
How could I have forgotten ....

1 page of "To Sell Or Not To Sell, That Is The Question?"

My closest friend goes to Vermont every year to fish with a group of his friends and relatives. They sell their fish to help pay expenses. They're all around the 70 mark and are the most self regulated group you'll ever meet.

Like anything, 2 criminals make everyone look bad. Society always pays for the criminal's acts. Criminals will always be criminals.

RG

this thread is actually a lot better than i thought it would be

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.