FishUSA.com Fishing Tackle

Author Topic: Bass lures (nonplastics) for trout  (Read 2716 times)

TroutFishingBear

Bass lures (nonplastics) for trout
« on: Aug 22, 2004, 09:10 PM »
Something got me thinking from the plastics for trout thread, and I figured why not ask what other bass lures you guys have caught a lot of trout on. I have only used crankbaits for them. I have caught a lot of big rainbows on bill lewis rattle traps and on cordell super spots. For some reason I've never caught a brown though, and I am the king of catching them. Aren't they supposed to be the fish eaters? I wonder ???

What about other bass baits... small spinnerbaits?

Just a thought...

Mackdaddy21

Re: Bass lures (nonplastics) for trout
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2004, 01:26 AM »
Crankbaits really seem to be good trout producers at times. My favorite trout cranks are shad raps, risto raps, rattlin fat raps, bomber model A's, and rebel crawfish.
I also have had good success at times with countdown rapalas in sizes 5 and 7, and 9 in some situations. Countdown raps seem to work really good for browns and rainbows in streams and lakes, and I have heard of brookies smashing them.
I am sure smaller spinnerbaits would work in many situations too. I have even heard of trout smashing big spinnerbaits used by pike fisherman. I think though smaller cranks and countdown minnowbaits are the best "bass" lures for trout. Some monster laker and brown trollers use large floating rapalas trolled on three way rigs in deep flats on lakes.

Tyler

Invicta

« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2004, 09:23 PM »
Husky Jerks and Banjo minnows are the best trout lures ever.

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2004, 10:30 PM »
Husky Jerks and Banjo minnows are the best trout lures ever.

Haven't used banjo minnows for about 10 years, I don't like the hooking system. But I remember when I was 5 I caught about a 4 1/2 lb rainbow and a 4 lb. largemouth and 3 walleye in one day on them.

Mackdaddy21

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29, 2005, 05:37 PM »
Banjo minnows are good lures with good action and  lifelike profiles. However they aren't nearly as good as flukes, sluggos, or senkos in my opinion because they do not have good casting distance, they don't sink very well, and the hooking system seems to be very weedless but also makes it hard to hook fish. Still they are good lures and will catch pretty much anything that swims.

Tyler

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.