25 (7.1%)
Science/Research
12 (3.4%)
Electrician
4 (1.1%)
Other
76 (21.7%)

Total Members Voted: 338

Author Topic: What is your profession??  (Read 37409 times)

Cider

What is your profession??
« on: Aug 30, 2004, 11:11 PM »
This doesn't have anything to do with fishing.  Don't answer if you don't want to!!  One of the nice features of MFF is that you can remain completely anonymous if you want.

I have been reading posts about folks asking for outboard engine advice and I just got curious as to what everyone does for a living...what is your area of expertise?! 

We know a lot about each other, and yet very little.  I thought it would be fun to know the variety of things MFF members do for a living.

It kind of goes along with the "show what you look like" thread and the "how much education" and "how old" threads from Ice Shanty.

Please don't give away any information that will personally identify you or advertise your place of business.  I don't care WHERE you work.  I just want to know WHAT you do in broad terms!

(Scott if you don't think this is appropriate, yank it!!  ;D)

Cider

Re: What is your profession??
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2004, 11:12 PM »

I'll start off:  I am a biologist.  I manage a biomedical research lab at a University Medical School.  I also conduct my own research in pathogenic microbiology for potential vaccine development.  We focus on molecular biology, immunology, and genetic approaches toward our research.  :)

trapperdirk

« Reply #2 on: Aug 31, 2004, 01:35 AM »
I'm a genius . ;D
The bush is not a passion , it's in my soul.

TD

Liar

« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2004, 03:18 AM »

Forced retirement  (disabled form fishing accident)   :)  8)

rgfixit

• MFF Mod Team
« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2004, 05:35 AM »
I'd answer but you left out Zeppelin Gasser.
RG
If you lend someone $20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it.

Bobman

• Whoa momma!!!
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2004, 08:13 AM »
Computer geek and beer taster

Oh, also part-time coach for the US worm swimming team  ;D!
A lot of money is tainted, t'ain't mine and t'ain't yours!

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2004, 11:20 AM »
 I gave that up on the "why did you choose your screen name" thread we had going a while back,but I'll tell ya for those who dont know,or those who cant tell, i am a builder, i build residential homes along the maine coast. I can build anything they can draw and i always.

BILLD   IT   RITE     ;D
Scotty 

TroutFishingBear

« Reply #7 on: Aug 31, 2004, 12:59 PM »
4.0 gpa # 1 student out of 436 sophomores!

Current schedule-
1. geology
2. astronomy
3. composition
4. Algebra II
5. Chemistry

:-\

Fat Boy

• MFF Mod Team
  • Team Mason-Dixon
« Reply #8 on: Aug 31, 2004, 03:00 PM »
Forced retirement (disabled form fishing accident) :) 8)

Liar, I don't believe you on this post one bit!  ;D  You'll never get anyone to believe you on anything, you know that, right?  Just kidding...

TFB, good for you dude.  Keep up the good work and stay #1.  Based on what you've told me about your baseball career and your educational background added here, you've got a bright future to back up your enthusiasm in fishing.  P.S., use more spinnerbaits!  ;D  (I'm kidding)  Thought you might be interested, check out my PA rivers post on the Juniata - you'd be proud to know that I caught 100% of my fish in Super Flukes and didn't get one single hit on a spinnerbait!  Maybe our fish are getting smarter, eh?  By the way, great topic!

Me?  I'm a former accountant in the Federal Government and was in accounting for 15 years.  The past 5 years I've been a civil servant in the Fed as a Budget Analyst for the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute.  And I will advertise our mission here: to eliminate the suffering and death due to cancer by the year 2015.  Y'all can help.  Stop smoking and chewing tobacco products!  I did it, so can you!  Plus, I'd like to continue seeing y'all on these forums for a lot more years ;)

grumpymoe

« Reply #9 on: Aug 31, 2004, 04:36 PM »
service manager with General Motors...oops...here comes the questions....grump ::)

billditrite

• Retired MFF Mod
  • R.I.P. brother Micheal Danis 10/10/54 - 4/3/09
« Reply #10 on: Aug 31, 2004, 05:16 PM »
note to self tax probs fat boy,car probs grumpymoe, fishing problems...hehe there are no problems associated with fishing :)
Scotty 

seaweed01

« Reply #11 on: Aug 31, 2004, 09:27 PM »
Career military, then civil servent, now fully retired.

venisonman

« Reply #12 on: Sep 01, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Don't want the name of the place, eh? I'll just say that I am the
General & Production Manager for a doughnut shop / factory. By the way our product is Krispy AND Kremey!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

reubenpa

« Reply #13 on: Sep 01, 2004, 02:15 PM »
Pastor, but Cider was forgetting me in th poll...  He probably just wanted to leave me out... lol JK Cider
Just wanna be fishing, not just wishin

slipbob

« Reply #14 on: Sep 01, 2004, 03:03 PM »
I have spent the last 10 years of my life helping people manage the risks they face.  If you need to get insurance for your car, boat, house, life, snowmobile, atv, or just about anything else like a retirement plan or college savings plan, I'm the guy.  My nickname is the "insurance doctor".  If you crash your car or your house burns down you'll call me and I'll kindly tell you, you're SCREWED.   ;D  Just kidding, as long as paid your last insurance bill on time you'll be fine.  Just please don't call before 9am or after 5:30pm.  ;D 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Sponsor
© 2004- MyFishFinder.com
All Rights Reserved.